C.74

a year had passed. nothing much had happened in nct's headquarters. donghyuck and mark were still arguing even the smallest thing. the wayv members kept on doing their job- annoying the hell out of kun.

eunbi, basically dated yuta- well after he confessed. and those two will always fight like an old married couple then they start cuddling each other. which jeno had to 'clean' his eyes every time he sees them.

taeyong still leads the gang and they still go on missions. nct and exo are in good terms. they would sometimes help each other out.

but if felt incomplete. lucas' death made the place felt a bit empty. and they lost one member. her laughs was not heard anymore. donghyuck missed how he always argue with the girl.

jisung tried to be himself even with the girl that he loves wasn't there anymore. he could not bare to see her room every time he walked pass it. he would always crumble down and started to cry. jaemin was there to comfort him.

"just let her go, jisung.." jaemin said as he rubbed the younger ones back. renjun was there too. he was worried with jisung afraid that he might do so.ething stupid in the future.

"i don't want to.. i know she's still out there" he muttered. renjun sighed. "this felt like deja vu. last time, haerin was at the hospital but now.."

"she's completely gone" when renjun said that jisung lay down on his bed pulling the comforter to cover his body fully. "i'm sorry, jisung"

"first it was haejun.. then lucas- why does haerin have to go too?" they heard jisung stuttered. both of them glanced at each other. the sadness came to wash all over them.

donghyuck who was hearing to their conversation quietly walked away. a small but long black box in his hands. he went inside his room placing the box down on his study table.

he felt the urge to open the box so he did. the shiny silver dagger came into his sight. he took the dagger out and traced the word 'N' on it.

"woah there! what the hell are you doing?" he was quite startled when a high pitched voice almost broke his ears. he turned around to see chenle looking at him and then to the weapon in his hands.

"are you trying to kill yourself? with haerin's dagger?!"

"what? no! i'm not that stupid. and please don't mention her name" he placed the dagger back to its place taking the lid and closing the box. chenle sighed.

"i can't read anything from my cards.. it's as if she really vanished from this world"

"don't tell me she's.."

"you're overreacting mark" donghyuck rolled his eyes when mark suddenly entered his room his eyes widening. "how dare you thought she would die-"

"i did not"

"forget it she's with jisung" mark but his lower lip when chenle said that. he felt like his heart shattered into pieces.

"she might have chosen jisung. but my feelings for her won't change even though i'll be dead. i'm not giving up" both donghyuck and chenle made a disgusted face.

"you sounded like jaemin. it's cringy" donghyuck hugged his own body when he felt shivers went up to his spine.

"oh shut up! you're just jealous that you're not romantic"

"oh my god- who taught you to say that word. chenle get him outside it must be jaemin's virus. i don't want to get infected as well" chenle had to pull mark's arm outside of his room.

taeyong who was walking down the hallway spotted the two. "hey there taeyong!" chenle greeted him with a bright smile on his lips. taeyong smiled back nodding his head.

"

man.. we used to watch cartoons together with haerin" jungwoo said with that soft voice of his. he then stole winwin's popcorn. "i missed her and lucas"

"who doesn't?" jaehyun came inside the living room with both yuta and eunbi behind him. "okay so what are we going to watch here?" hendery asked as he took yangyang's pizza and quickly hid it.

"hey! i know you took my damn precious pizza hendery. you're just like hae--" he stopped himself from continuing. "oh come on! don't be sad.. let's watch some drama" taeil said as he nudged the younger ones shoulder.

"hey isn't that the movie that lucas always wanted to-" jungwoo covered his own mouth. the others had a sad look and the atmosphere dropped.

"hey! it's time to eat. quit giving that sad face.. will you guys stop? it's annoying" donghyuck went pass them informing it was already dinner time. he noticed the tension inside the living room and he hated it.

mark came inside with his tiger. doyoung M's eyes widened when he saw the creature and quickly moved away. he even decided to sit at the end of the table just to make sure the tiger was far away from him.

"dude, it's just a tiger" johnny rolled his eyes as he patted doyoung's shoulder. "uh no that's not an ordinary tiger. mark! why did you bring that animal here? i told you this place if off limits for tigers"

the tiger shot its head to his direction and growled making doyoung to shut his own mouth. everyone sat down leaving two empty seats there. it felt quite awkward but they eventually get used to it.

"doyoung, johnny, kun and xiaojun get inside my office later" taeyong said not sparing a glance to any of them. his voice were ice cold. he's back to the old lee taeyong. the cold and ruthless leader.

"i'm done eating" jisung stood up and brought his plate to the dishwasher. sighing he decided to calm himself a bit.

"where are you going, jisung?" renjun raised his left brow when he saw the younger one wanted to walk out of the dining room.

"weapon room" he answered simply. jaemin wanted to stand up and follow him but chenle was faster.

"i'll accompany him. you don't have to worry" chenle smiled and left the room going towards where jisung said he wanted to be.

"jisung.. you're okay aren't you?" chenle asked as soon as he entered the spacious weapon room. hendery designed the place.

jisung's lips made a thin straight line.

"no.. not one bit"

 not one bit"

the end.

babam.