C.8

haerin slowly stepping down the staircase with her guard up the whole time. her hand gripped the silver dagger that she had found in a box inside the closet. it was the silver dagger that she had used for killing people three years ago. it felt kind of weird holding it again but the feeling's still the same.

she entered stealth mode and made sure she didn't make any sound. she stay cautious and looked around the dark area. the front door to the headquarters were opened wide meaning that someone had entered inside.

the moonlight that shone through the windows were the only source of light but the headquarters only have a few windows and it's kind of small. she won't take the risk opening the light switch on.

walking slowly towards where the kitchen is she suddenly bumped onto something making it fall and the thing shattered into pieces. her head shot upwards and she saw a black figure walking to her direction.

she mentally cursed as she backed up slowly but her back hit against something hard making her to turn around quickly with the dagger pointing towards it. she narrowed her eyes to see another black figure.

her position had been exposed.

the figure lifted his hand revealing a black gun. the guy aimed at her head and pulling the safety off. before he could shoot she quickly made a hick kick, kicking the gun out of his hands. it slide away from them.

she stepped backwards as the two black figure which she assumed men were cornering her. one of them got a gun and the other had a knife.

"surrender now or we have to kill you. we don't want to be rough with a woman" one of them said. a smirk appeared on her lips.

"there's no such thing as surrender in my dictionary. i advise both of you to surrender first and get out of this place before things started to get worst" haerin said her eyes staring the two figure in front of her. dark aura were starting to surround her.

they laughed when they heard her threat. "are you stupid? i can blow your head into pieces with one shot" the man who held the gun said still aiming at her.

"then go on" she dared them to do it but none came. she let go of the dagger letting it drop on the floor next to her before kicking it away.

"you could've done that earlier. surrender is the best option" the one who had a knife said before walking towards haerin. she suddenly ducked down and kicked his feet making him to fall down. with the speed of light she grabbed her dagger dodging all the gunshots that had been fired.

she threw the silver dagger and it pierced right through the chest of the man who was shooting her. he dropped the gun and a loud scream were heard all over the place. he dropped down onto his knees as he tried to pull the dagger out. she smirk before walking towards him.

"need help?" without waiting him to reply she pulled the dagger roughly out of his chest making the blood to splatter around the place. she kicked the man hard on the face.

"w-what are you?" the other guy stuttered as he tried to move away. she kicked him on the stomach a lot of times. her demon side were starting to take over. she kept on kicking him that he started to cough out blood groaning in pain. screamings filled the place.

"check--" she lifted the dagger up as the man's eyes widened in horror knowing that his death was near. "--mate"

"haerin!" the dagger stopped right in front of his eye. she turned her head to the voice and someone turned the light switch on revealing the horrible sight. one man were already lying there lifeless as his body were covered in the pool of fresh red blood. the one in front of haerin had already passed out due to the shock of almost dying.

she quickly stood up with the dagger in her hands. all of them were looking at her pure shock as they froze on their spot seeing what they just had seen.

"oh my god! haerin you're okay?" taeyong pushed the others so he can make his way towards her. she had a blank face on. taeyong held her shoulder and examined her face.

"there's a small cut on your right cheek" she touched the area where he had stated and winced when her fingers came into contact with the cut.

"haerin!" lucas quickly ran to her before pulling her into a warm hug. which is what she needed right now.

"holy sh-- wait huh? woah-" mark came back to his senses as he walked towards the dead body staring it with an amused smile on his lips. taeyong asked the others to dispose the body and cleaned the blood. he also instructed them to tie the unconscious man in their underground room.

"haerin you're okay?" jaemin asked as he stood beside her holding her shoulder giving it a little squeeze. she just gave him a small smile while nodding.

"i recognized both of them. they're from one of our rival gangs. they probably wanted to blow this place up or take some of our information" johnny said after he had cleaned all the blood.

haerin fall into a deep silence. they knew what she really is. they knew that she stopped being an assassin three years ago. and what had happened earlier might have shaken her up a bit.

she still couldn't believe she let her demon side take over. she had killed someone that night. the first one after three years.

"i'm sorry"

"no! no don't be. you're basically protecting our headquarter. you did a great job, haerin. anyone could've done the same thing you know" taeyong said being careful with his choice of words. the girl in front if him might broke down.

"we should've tightened the security in this headquarter. how about we ask for haechan to plant some bombs around the area" mark suggested which made taeyong glared him.

"that's literally killing all of us. what are you planning, a suicide?" johnny rolled his eyes making mark grinned like an idiot.

"wait did i just heard someone said bombs?" a voice appeared making them turn their attention to look at him. donghyuck went towards them with eyes full of expectation.

"nope! no bombs" taeyong said with a serious look on his face. donghyuck pouted while crossing his arms over his chest. he pushed jaemin away from haerin before taking something out of his pocket and handing it to her.

she lifted her eyebrows. "bandaid. you should use that for your small cut" he pointed her right cheek which made her to crack a smile. she nodded.

"i'll send you to your room" lucas slung his arm over her shoulder before walking upstairs.

jaemin eyed donghyuck who was smiling and looked like a complete idiot. "when did you get that bandaid?" he asked. the guy shrugged before leaving jaemin without an answer.