C.71

it was dark. there's only a small window and the faint light of the sun came through it. the place was cold and had a rusty smell. they could only hear heavy breaths of their own as they were tied in chains and leaned against the wall.

"jisung! hey.. are you awake?" the younger one slowly opened his eyes and the slight pain from the back of his head were throbbing. jaehyun who was sitting right beside him had nudged his shoulder.

"no shit man.. is this.. chains?" donghyuck said as he began to struggle trying to get out from it. "what kind of psychopath would tie us with chains-" he was getting freaked out.

"-and what is this thing on our neck? a choker?"

"calm down, hyuck" taeyong said. there was a slight crease on his forehead and his body were aching. "uh.. nice advice but i don't think there's time to calm down right now" donghyuck tried to move but the chains were preventung him to do so.

"why is this thing beeping and had a red light on?" chenle asked referring to the choker on their necks. "dude, i'm scared" jisung whispered.

"what happened? all i could remember was.. we're being ambushed?" mark said as he tried to stabilize his breathing. "we couldn't even lay a single finger on them"

"wait.. where's lucas?" xiaojun asked. all of them looked around and noticed the lack of member. "no.. don't tell me they left him there" hendery bit his lower lip thinking of any possibilities that could happen to his friend.

"he's gonna be okay.. right?" jaemin asked his eyebrows furrowing a bit. "i'm sure he's okay" kun said though he was not sure for himself.

"eunbi.. are you okay?" ten nudged the girl beside him. eunbi slowly nodded her head. "i told you to call me pudu, didn't i?" she glared him even though she's in a weak state.

"she even have the time to remind.." yuta rolled his eyes and eunbi kicked his leg but not too hard. "that hurts woman!" eunbi just tsk and looked away.

"haerin.. haerin! where's haerin?" jisung began to panic. he was getting worried as his eyes wandered around to find the familiar girl. she was not in sight.

jeno stood up and he ran towards the door crashing on it hoping for it to open but the metal door won't budge. "is this made of titanium or something" he muttered.

"damn you psychopath human-being locking us wherever this damn place is!" donghyuck's angry screams turned into pain as he fell to his side limp on the ground.

he felt like all of his body were electrocuted. the pain was unbearable and tears began to flood his eyes. "hyuck!"

"haechan!"

a dark and deep chuckle were heard echoing all over the place. their eyes wandered around to find someone but nothing. the metal door were slide opened and a man in black suit stepped inside. his right hand holding a cane. on top of the cane there was a small red coloured symbol. the sun.

his dark eyes looking every member in the room and an amused smile plastered on his lips. "well well what do we got here? the nct gang.. tied in chains hoping for someone to rescue them" his voice was very deep that it sent shivers up to their spine.

"who are you?" taeyong narrowed his eyes at the man. "oh my.. nct's leader, lee taeyong" he stepped  closer as he swung the cane in his hands around.

"you know me, taeyong. you were there at that time" he smirked and turned around leaving taeyong there with widened eyes.

"where's lucas? and haerin!" renjun muster all his courage to ask. the man lifted his eyebrows. "lucas- the taller guy? oh you mean haerin's best friend? i don't know they probably beat him to death" his answer made eunbi gasped her eyes widening in shock.

"you must be han eunbi.. the first girl to join nct" he used his cane and placed it below eunbi's chin raising her face upwards to make her look at him. "don't touch her you fu-- ah!" yuta tried to kick him but before he did he felt something went through his veins. he fell weak beside eunbi groaning in pain.

"y-yuta!" the girl moved closer towards him nudging his shoulder.

"what are you doing?! stop hurting them!" taeyong shouted. he knew all those things were coming from the choker they were wearing on their necks. it may can electrocute people.

"where's haerin? where is she?!" mark was gritting his teeth both of his fists clenched together. "ah! haerin.. she must've taken a lot of time to get here. i'm wondering if she's lost- or she probably left you" their eyes widened at the man's words.

"cut your crap! tell us where she is!" jisung's hands twitched wanting to cause harm at that smug look the man had on his face. he mentally cursed the guy.

"and you're park jisung if i'm correct. haerin's little lover" he began walking towards the younger one that was glaring him. the man laughed in amusement.

"all of you are serious come on! lightened up a bit! it's not like she's dead like that other guy"

"l-lucas died?" hendery stuttered and the man just laughed before his smile dropped down his face had that solemn look.

"jung haerin- or should i say nano.. she's fine. we'll wait until she got her way here. get ready for a show" he chuckled deeply sounding very dangerous. they didn't like the sound of it one bit.

"how can she even--" before taeyong could even finish what he wanted to say he once again felt the electricity going through all parts of his body. he winced in pain trying not to scream.

"i told you to wait didn't i?"

haerin kicked the door open her eyes wandering around the big place. if her instincts were right, they should be there. where exo's main headquarters were. her breath was quite messy due to the running and most of her hair were covering her face.

she ran her fingers through her black hair and ran to the stairs going upwards. she felt someone just went pass behind her back. turning around to see nothing she quickly ducked kicking a person's leg making him to fall down.

before she could do anything someone hit the back of her head. she winced when it was beginning to throb. her vision getting blurry all of the sudden but she tried to stay awake.

someone pulled her arm and she was brought in front of a door. the door were slide opened and she was pushed inside falling on the ground.

"oh! that was fast- she's here.." her nose caught the familiar minty smell that were making her heart to beat faster. "haerin!" she shot her head to the direction of the voice and a sigh of relief escaped her lips.

"you're still alive.." she mumbled and tried to stand up but she stopped when someone stood in front of her. the strong minty scent made her to look upwards. her eyes widening in shock.

"father?"