C.70

the night sky was very dark. there are no stars and the moon was covered by clouds. she could see faint light coming from the sky along with the sound of thunder. the lights of the shops around the street were illuminating the area.

she slowed her walking pace when her eyes caught a familiar back. "byun baekhyun" upon hearing his name being summoned he turned around.

"haerin-?"

"what are you doing here? wait.. you're not stalking me aren't you" she let out a small laugh when she saw his widened eyes. "i don't even know you're here" he muttered walking closer towards her.

"i see you're moving on already" she ruffled his hair.

"moving on? it's not easy, haerin. even though you lied to me. you spied me and jongin. you- planning to kill us off.. i couldn't bring myself to hate you" he covered his eye with his right hand and sighed heavily.

"are you crying?" she tilted her head to the side. "no" he shook his head quickly and averted his gaze somewhere else.

"how's your boyfriend?"

"wait.. what?"

"uh- nothing" he scratched the back of his neck. she furrowed her eyebrows but then she remembered something. clenching her fists she tool a step forward closer towards him.

his breath hitched when she was too close. "w-what are you-"

"byun baekhyun, i need to ask you something"

"it's not that hard. stop being a pussy" she patted his shoulder before she stood up and stretched all of her limbs. "that felt great"

"but haerin.. isn't it too- i know your intention but it's like you've surrendered?" she shot her head to his direction giving him her death glare. shivers went up to his spine and he immediately pursed his lips.

"what if it didn't go to what you expected?"

"not everything we want will go to our expectation. there's no fun then-" she stopped talking and something came into her mind. the dream that she had long time ago where all of them were dead. she felt something strange coming from her stomach.

turning around she began to sprint leaving baekhyun there dumbfounded. "haerin! hey!"

ignoring his calls she quickened her pace not stopping one bit. she had a really bad feeling. and she's scared something might've happened to them.

"shit! no.."

slowing her steps she stood in front of the headquarters. it looks oddly quiet and dark. the beatings of her heart began to get faster. pushing the door harshly she almost stumbled inside. her eyes went around the place. it was dark.

her hand went to find the switch turning the lights on. when it did her eyes widened when she saw trail of blood on the floor. "no.." she followed the blood trail and then she caught the smell of mint. it was too familiar. she felt like puking.

"hello? jisung? taeyong? anyone home?" she looked around the place. it was messy. all the sofas were ripped open. glass pieces were everywhere on the floor. "mark? xuxi- xuxi!" she felt like her legs were becoming weak her lips starting to tremble.

"xuxi..?" running to the familiar guy that's laying on the ground almost lifeless she checked for his heartbeat. his breath was slow. blood pooling all around him. "xuxi! xuxi can you hear me?" her eyes were getting watery as she tried to shake him.

"haerin.." she heard his weak voice. "i'm fine.."

"you're not fine! i'm calling the ambulance" she took her phone out but he grabbed her hand. "the others.. they need your help. they ambushed us..and said it was..exo" he said in pain- her heart dropped.

"xuxi! stop talking.. please" her shaky hands dialled the emergency number. "you have to live.. you can't leave me too.. right?" lucas gathered all his strength left to give her the last smile he had.

he began to see dark spots in his vision. "i'm sorry, haerin.." he whispered. "no.. no! no! i shouldn't have left this place! no xuxi.. stay with me! it's not too late"

haerin sat outside of the surgery room waiting anxiously for the doctor to come out. when he did, she felt like time has stopped as all of the sudden. her heart shattered into pieces.

"doctor! how was he? is he-" the doctor shook his head his eyes had that sad look. she knew.

it was too late.

she crumbled down onto the floor letting it all out. her best friend died. he was gone. the old memories with him came into mind making her to cry more.

"i'm yukhei. what's your name?" he wanted to do the handshake but she only stared at his hand blankly.

"haerin" she replied simply. he doesn't know what to do and suddenly felt embarrassed. she glanced upwards to look at him.

"yukhei.. it's quite hard to pronounce your name" he didn't expect her to talk to him but he felt happy.

"well.. my other name is xuxi but i don't really prefer that name" he muttered. thank goodness she had a sharp hearing. her eyebrows furrowed.

"sushi?"

"no. it's xuxi" he corrected her and tried not to chuckle when she tried to said the name. "xuxi"

her breath becoming shallower her eyes were foggy because of the tears. her vision was quite blurry. she tried to stand up but stumbled back down. her eyes saw the dried red liquid on both of her hands.

"i'm sorry.." it came out as inaudable whisper. clenching her fists she stood up and began running out of the hospital. she wiped the tears with the back of her hand.

the night's sky began thundering and there were lightning but she couldn't care less. she ran and screamed the members name hoping that they would answer.

she touched her ear-piece. "hello? can you guys hear me? where are you?" she began stuttering holding back the tears that was threatening to fall down again.

"no shit.. shit!" she cursed as she desperately trued to connect with them. "anyone.. someone answer me"

"what's this.. is this somekind of a joke. don't leave me like xuxi.." she asked but there were no reply. no sign of them. they were no where. she turned around and started pulling her hair letting the tears to fall along with the heavy rain.

"where.. are you guys?"