C.26

"she'll be fine, taeyong. you do know that she's a skilled assassin. lucas needs help" mark said when he entered winwin's cyber room. taeyong were walking around the area. winwin's eyes were glued to the big screens in front of him. one of the screens showed a human's body heat. his hand were controlling his small drone that he had made and it showed where lucas were.

lucas were sitting on the ground with his back leaned against the wall. his hair were matte to his forehead and his lips had blood on it. it look like he had beaten up by those three men.

taeyong had asked xiaojun to find out about those three men and for sure they were from the rival gang named black bull. they had been trying to destroy nct since the beginning but nct is a strong opponent.

"lucas is still alive, right?" winwin nodded while glancing towards the other big screen. it showed the college's cctv. then a figure went by with a lightning speed gaining his attention.

"haerin's there" he muttered and taeyong stopped. "they had backup" winwin continued and he typed something on his keyboards.

mark came closer. "nct needs to go. all of us" taeyong muttered before he stormed out of the cyber room.

"yes boss. we got one of nct's member. yeah it's going smoothly just like what we had planned. i know that. we'll bring him to the base before the other nct had noticed" one of the man said. his body were quite well-built. the other two were also had a sturdy body

haerin leaned against the wall and slowly peeked. her eyes widened when she saw lucas. he had his eyes closed his chest were moving up and down slowly. very slowly.

haerin went to grab her dagger inside the boots that she was wearing. gripping it tight she readied herself. one of the man were starting to walk towards lucas. he kicked him hard and lucas were still unconscious.

before he could touch him haerin threw the dagger and it was aimed straight towards his head. it went through and the man froze before he slowly fell backwards with blood flowing out. she went out of her cover area and slowly walked towards the two men who looked at her with widened eyes.

her eyes were giving them death glares that sent shivers up to their spine. she had somekind of a dark aura surrounding her and her fingers twitched. wanting to make destruction. she was planning their death as her face remain dangerously emotionless.

"who are you?" they asked. haerin didn't answer. she clench her fist tight knuckles turning white. one of them started running towards her and he had taken out a knife from his pocket. it was aimed towards her stomach area.

she quickly dodged his attack and turned around before kicking his back making him stumble forwards. the other guy had wrapped their arms around her neck choking her. she swung her left leg backwards and kicked him where the sun doesn't shine.

the grip loosened and she pushed him away. punching him straight in the face and it sent him towards the wall that was a few meters away. the guy from earlier ran towards her and grabbed her hair pulling it hard before he kneed her on the stomach. she coughed and took a few step backwards almost stumbling.

she looked at the person behind him. lucas were still unconscious and it made her worried more. when she was distracted someone had punched her jaw and her body spun around. a strong force hit her back and it made her fell downwards.

haerin cursed under her breath and she groaned while taking the dagger that was on the dead man's head. she turned her head and her eyes looked darker.

running towards one of the guy that was bald she jumped and kicked him mid air before thrusting the dagger to his heart area. turning it clockwise before pulling it out blood spurt out and some of it were splattered on her face. the guy's eyes widened in shock. he fell down. dead. his eyes and mouth were slightly opened.

she turned towards the last man who was frozen on his spot. his eyes had that terrified look. before she could do anything a loud bang were heard. she swiftly dodged it making the man a bit shocked with her fast reflexes. she blew a few strands of hair that was on her face before facing towards where the gun shot were.

a sniper. she saw a figure at the other building beside their college. a smirk crept up her face when she heard few steps coming their way. they had brought backup for sure. they were around twenty men.

"well the more the merrier" she said before walking slowly towards the men who were aiming their guns towards her.

"stop! we have outnumbered you! whoever you are just surrender. we need that man" they said. the smirk dropped and her face had a frown.

but then one of them suddenly fell backwards and his forehead had a small hole and blood started to come out. "what the-"

she lifted both of her hand up to her head level and shrugged as the smirk plastered on her lips. the area were starting to flood with more people. and she instantly recognized those faces.

"nct" one of them muttered. taeyong smirked still aiming the gun towards them. "you had no chance against us. we're stronger than you"

haerin took a few steps back until another gun shot were heard and she didn't move fast enough. luckily the bullet didn't went through her but it had scratched her right arm and blood were starting to come out slowly. it was just a cut.

she glared at the figure that she assumed as the sniper but he was already down. she knew yangyang had sniped him from the other building but she don't know which one.

"well since all of you are here we will finish you off now" the one who looked like the leader said.

taeyong didn't care and he pulled the trigger shooting one of them down and the other followed him. haerin kneeled next to lucas and checked his pulse. he was still alive. a sigh of relief escaped her lips.

"xuxi.." haerin tried to wake him up by shaking his body though she don't know if it will work. he winced and slowly opening his eyes. "haerin?"

"holy sh-" his eyes widened at the sight that was happening in front of him. gun shots were everywhere and blood were pooling out from the dead men. it was obvious that nct was winning.

"haerin!" she spun around and saw a man holding a wooden stick. it made her froze when she remembered what had happened to her few months ago.

before he could swing the thing she quickly grabbed his wrist and punched him straight in the face. she gripped the wooden stick and it broke. she had half of the stick. kicking the man on the stomach she swung the wooden stick and hit it hard on his head. there was a sharp point on the stick so she pierced it through his chest.

he didn't move an inch. a sigh escaped her lips as she got up slowly.

"tch. weak" ten kicked one of the dead body before he put the gun back at his gun strap.

"lucas!" hendery and kun went to help lucas. "shit man! can you slow down!" the tall guy muttered as he groaned in pain.

"you're okay, haerin?" jisung asked as he stepped closer towards her. she nodded her head and smiled reassuringly while patting the younger ones head. then she saw mark doing something on one of the man's face.

he had carved the name 'nct' on his right cheek.

"why are you doing that?" haerin furrowed her brows in confusion.

"it's time to step out from the dark. no one will stop us now. and this.." he stood up before putting the blade back to its place.

"it's a way to threaten and warn the other gangs that nct are not the gang that they should messed with"