C.4

"so it's true that you're still alive. this is my first time seeing you in person" he said.

"you know how i looked like?" she narrowed her eyes but it didn't affect him. he had a cold emotionless face.

"that's what my cyber specialist and private investigator's job" he shrugged.

a frown instantly formed on her face. she made sure that her real information and face would not get exposed by any source but since they got it she knew that they're not an ordinary gang.

he cleared his throat and she knew what this guy was up to. "i'm sorry that this is quite sudden but i'm here to asked you something" when he said that lucas' head shot upwards and he looked at his leader with his eyes widened.

"i need you to join nct"

"no! boss, she- she's going to be in danger! can you just leave her? she needs to stay out of this!" lucas got up from his seat making the other guy glared at him. he crossed his arms over his chest.

"we have been planning and now she's here! are you trying to argue with me, lucas? cause if you do i'm not hesitating myself to kill you" he asked dead panned making lucas shook his head. looking terrified as ever.

"don't you dare do that to lucas" she glared him before continuing: "i'm not nano anymore. i stop being an assassin" she muttered clear enough for both of them to hear. she stared at her best friend who was already looking at her.

"you already knew that i'm nano right? you knew all along" her eyes grew sadder by the second and it affected lucas. he bit his lower lip and seeing her eyes turned sad made him hurt. he don't know why though.

"you don't have any other choice but to join us. some people are still hunting you down. you do know about that right? we'll keep you safe" the silver head asked. she remained silent making him sighed.

"if you join nct you'll have a bigger chance to find your brother's killer" her eyes widened. the guy knew that she won't refuse after hearing about her brother.

"your brother joined nct. but he got killed when he's on the mission to track down one of our gang rivals. i'm sorry, ririn" lucas said looking down. haerin bit her lower lip as she's starting to get angry.

"y-you! you sent my brother to a mission resulting him to get killed?! yet you still want me to join this stupid gang nct?!" she raised her voice making sure he knew that she's pissed off. lucas flinched at her rage.

the guy frowned and he glared haerin with his dark eyes. "he went out for himself because he knew.. he knew one of our enemy are targeting the famous assassin. he sacrificed himself for you" haerin pursed her lips.

"you do know that i don't join any gang. i would always turn them down the offer" she muttered still feeling quite pissed off.

"you don't have any other choice" the silver head guy said dead panned with that emotionless eyes boring into hers.

she was about to fight back but a sudden pain were beginning to throb again at the wound area. she winced gaining lucas' attention. he quickly helped her to lay down.

"haerin, you should rest. i'll bring you to your room later" he said and he grabbed her hand rubbing it. her forehead creased before she's beginning to lose her vision. her brother appeared nodding at her before she's completely unconscious.

"taeyong, you shouldn't have forced her. you can't just use her for your own good" lucas said after he had muster up all the courage he had. taeyong gave him a slight glare before sighing.

"it's all up to her" he mumbled. lucas shook his head holding haerin's hands tighter in his grip.

"her life would be in danger if she joined us"

"we had lived in danger for years and danger was like her middle name. this is better than kidnapping her" the silver haired guy named taeyong said while crossing his arms across his chest.

"move her to her room later. i got a feeling that she'll be joining us. and i know deep inside you're hoping for that to happen" taeyong glanced towards lucas before he disappear from sight.

a sigh escaped his lips and he stared at her face. she looked peaceful.

"i shouldn't have brought you here i'm sorry haerin. you're tied to the nct gang after all" he mumbled.

a short sigh escaped lucas' lips as he covered her body with the comforter. he brought her to the room that taeyong had already provided. he glanced at the watch that was wrapping his wrist before walking out of the room.

a familiar guy was walking down the hall with his friends behind his back. the guy had a bomb in his hands as he tossed it in the air a lot of times.

"oh! hey lucas" they greeted him and he just smiled.

"um guys i need your help" he scratched the back of his head and debating with himself if he really should ask them.

"all of you have finished your school right? any missions for today?" the tall guy asked making all of them looked at each other before saying no in unison.

"well.. donghyuck i trust you can take care of a friend of mine" lucas said placing both of his hands inside his pocket.

the guy who was holding the bomb widened his eyes and a frown was formed. "you expect me to babysit your friend? who's this friend of yours actually?"

"haerin--"

"oh! that friend of yours that you always talked about? i really wanna know what she looked like since you always said that she's pretty and stuffs" one of them interrupted with an excited smile as he slung an arm over the guy beside him.

"when did i said that?"

"literally every day"

"so my cards were right. it was telling me that someone will be here" another guy said with a high pitched voice. lucas shushed all of them with a serious look on his face.

"she's sleeping so shut the frick up. and i need to go somewhere else. so please" all of them rushed inside the room pushing lucas out of the way.

lucas rubbed his temples. "i should've asked for someone else"