C.28

"hyemin" upon hearing the name she lifted her head up and saw a silver head looking down at her. he had a serious look on his face.

"do you need anything baekhyun?" haerin stopped writing her notes as she turned the pen between her fingers. "where's yukhei?" he asked glancing to the empty seat beside her.

"he's sick right now. he caught a fever. why?" haerin did not breaking the eye contact. he nodded his head and he looked around as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"uh.. well do you want me to- wait no. shit what did i want to ask again?" baekhyun slapped his forehead and he felt slight embarrassment. haerin just smiled amusingly while staring at him who was flustered.

he cleared his throat. "do you want to eat lunch together? i mean at the cafe of course. not somewhere out of the college you know. like a date but i'm not bringing you to a date eh- wait i do.. wait no!" she chuckled when he looked kind of nervous and started rambling randomly

"sure" baekhyun laughed nervously while scratching the back of his neck.

"i must have looked stupid" he muttered. she shook her head and her hand went to pat his head. "you're cute" she said. baekhyun froze on his spot as his eyes widened slightly at her statement. he could hear his heart beating fast.

"where's jongin by the way?" haerin looked around the class and didn't see the bright blue hair. "oh.. he had some kind.. of family business that he had to attend" baekhyun shrugged as he slung his arm over her shoulder.

she tried to not smirk. that means jongin are at the secret base right now. she knew baekhyun were lying. there are no such thing as family business. a gang member won't have the time for things like that.

"i didn't get the chance to ask.. what kind of business does his family do?" she asked innocently. he didn't answer instantly so she assumed he's probably thinking of a random business right now.

"i don't really know. all i know is his family is a big thing overseas"

"hey haerin. you're doing fine right" she heard winwin's voice. she hummed in response. baekhyun didn't notice it since he was singing some songs.

"why are you curious, hyemin?" baekhyun suddenly halted. she turned to look at him.

"why do you want to know?" he narrowed his eyes at her as he leaned forwards. haerin took a step backwards and her back were pressed against the wall.

"baekhyun?"

"you know.. you're kind of suspicious" he put both of his hands at the side of her head trapping her. "and i like that about you"

her eyebrows furrowed. "huh?"

"hyemin do you like anyone.. right now?" baekhyun suddenly asked. "why are you-"

"i think i like you"

"it's in gangnam. the secret base. i have checked the place myself and i'm pretty sure of it" haerin said when she entered the dining room. her hair were a little bit messy and sweat was trickling down her forehead.

the black leather jacket that she had wore in the morning were somewhere on the sofa in the living room after she had threw it away.

"you looked like you had been in a marathon or something" yuta said. she shook her head before taking a seat next to kun.

"you're okay, hon? you looked tired" kun asked concern written all over his face. a sigh escaped haerin's lips.

"are you sure you're okay, haerin?" lucas had to lean forward to look at her. she smiled reassuringly at him.

"i think i like you" when he said that haerin's eyes widened at the sudden confession. she knew this day will come but she don't know what to do.

"oh shit" haerin heard the voice coming from the ear piercing. winwin must have heard it.

"i- i'm sorry it's too sudden" baekhyun straightened his body and he refuse to make any eye contact with her. haerin stood there awkwardly.

"uh.. well i.." she trailed off. "no it's okay. let's just eat lunch. ignore what i had said" baekhyun began to walk away. haerin grabbed something from her pocket and she ran towards him and grabbing his jacket making him stop.

he turned around and looked down at her. "i'm sorry" she said with her head down. baekhyun felt like his heart were curshed to pieces. he bit his lower lip and he cupped her cheek lifting her head up to look at him.

he leaned forward and when something cold were pressed on her forehead she froze.

remembering what had happened earlier she shook her head. unconsciously her hand went up to her forehead. she snapped herself out of it.

"no i'm fine. i placed a tracker on baekhyun's jacket and eventually followed him to the secret base" she said.

"you should've told us" taeyong said with a frown on his face. she lifted her hand up to stop him from giving her a long speech "i told you i'm fine. still in pieces" she stated.

"well then. jisung" the youngest lifted his head up to look at the leader upon his call. jisung's eyebrows were lifted as he looked at him questionably.

"i need you to check the place tonight. jaemin and renjun you'll go with him." he instructed and they just nodded their heads.

then a deep growl were heard coming from the dining room's door. all of their attention turned towards it and they saw a big four legged creature.

"mark" doyoung glared the guy who now had a minty green hair. mark grinned as he stood up from his seat walking towards the big tiger that is eyeing them until its eyes landed on haerin. he went towards her going pass mark.

"okay i'm hurt" mark crossed his arms over his chest. he huffed as his shoulders slumped down.

"oops.. mark is rejected" donghyuck snickered earning the watermelon head guy's glare. haerin rubbed the tiger's head smiling brightly and greeting it happily.

"let's go baby. i'll bring you out" mark patted the tiger's body. he looked up at haerin before walking away with mark following him from behind.

"let's go baby" donghyuck imitated with an overly cute voice.

"i heard you, haechan!"