C.40

"haerin!" she turned her heels around upon hearing her name being summoned. before she could even react a big orange thing jumped onto her making her to fall backwards with a loud thud. she squeezed her eyes shut with the slight pain coming from her back.

she felt something wet and cold brushed against her cheek. slowly opening her eyes she recognized the big tiger that was on top of her. "oh shit! haerin you're okay?" mark jogged towards her and helped her to stand up.

she nodded her head while dusting the dirt off before looking down at the animal. "he wanted to see you. this little cute baby wanna see the girl that he likes" mark kneeled down and caressed the tiger's head lovingly as it let out a cute pur. his eyes looked soft. the tiger was precious to him.

mark stood up while looking at her.

"let's go" he suddenly said. haerin furrowed her eyebrows looking at mark who have walked away with the tiger following from behind him. her legs moved on its own. all of them went at the back of the mansion and he went passed the garden going inside the forest.

"woah there- where are you going?" she stopped abruptly while looking around. mark turned towards her and lifted his left eyebrow. "to the forest. what else? my baby tiger wanted to have a walk with you" he shrugged and went to grab her hand. he smiled as he pulled her deeper inside.

the sun rays went through the leaves from the tall trees that were surrounding them. birds chirpings that sounded like a harmony blended well with the sound of nature. the cool breeze brushed against her skin. she breathed in the nature's scent.

she was too busy looking around in awe that she didn't notice their hands were still intertwined together. mark's fingers went through his hair as his eyes trained at the tiger in front of them. he suddenly felt nervous whenever her shoulder brushed against his.

he licked his dried lips and kept on walking with her hands still in his. haerin halted when she saw something bright just flew right in front of her. her eyes widened when thousands of fireflies were flying around them. it's bright light illuminating the whole place.

he let go of her hand and smiled seeing her cute reaction. her eyes looked like it was sparkling. a big smile graced her lips. the day were getting darker and the sight was quite breathtaking. the moon lights the place with fireflies flying everywhere.

mark felt as if someone had nudged his body. he looked down to see his tiger staring at him before its eyes went to her who was still quite entranced by the fireflies. an unconscious smile appeared on his lips.

the tiger nudged him again. "what" he dead panned. "it's not like i like her or something" he muttered but the smile was still plastered as his eyes still locked onto her that was standing not too far away from them.

"you're the one that liked her" he muttered while putting his hands inside his black leather jacket's pocket. the evening breeze brushed against his skin. his eyes glanced around the area.

"mark!" he shot his head upwards to look at her who was running towards him looking happy as ever. both of her hands were clasped together as if she was hiding something.

stopping in front of him she removed her right hand and a bright yellowish green light came into view. the little firefly then flew away. both of their eyes were locked with the little thing as it flew to where the other fireflies were. his eyes flickered to her and was greeted by her side profile.

"so pretty" he quickly covered his mouth when he accidentally blurted that out. it was suppose to stay in his mind but he somehow said it out loud. she turned to look at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"i mean- the place here. it's pretty right?" mark mentally slapped himself. haerin smiled warmly and nodded her head. a firefly went passed her and she ran to catch it with a small giggle.

the side of his lips tugged upwards. it was his first time seeing her being like that. a soft chuckle escaped his lips as he shook his head slightly.

"haerin, let's go back"

"thank you, mark" she said as she stopped walking. mark halted and he turned his head towards her who was smiling at him. he lifted his left eyebrow and his face had that questionable look.

"for what?"

"for showing me that place" she beamed happily her eyes still sparkling. "well we can go there anytime" he shrugged  his shoulders and she nodded her head in agreement.

mark cleared his throat and scratched the back of his neck. "haerin" she furrowed her eyebrows when he just said her name.

"it's nice.. being with you. let's go there again. just the two of us" he stepped forward and patted her head as his gaze softened. they made an eye contact for a split second until she quickly broke it.

"uh- see you tomorrow, mark" haerin said looking a bit flustered and began running to the mansion's back door. he watched her almost stumbling on a rock. he shook his head and chuckled.

"she's cute" he mumbled to himself and began going inside the mansion.

someone had bumped him when he entered the mansion from the back door. looking towards the person he saw a guy was narrowing his eyes at him. "oh hey jisung" he smiled seeing the younger one. jisung's eyes went somewhere else as if he was searching for something.

"do you perhaps.. had seen haerin around here?" he asked looking back at the older guy in front of him.

"haerin? she's with me earlier. i think she's in her room right now" mark answered and tried to control his smile when he remembered her being flustered.

"you're with her?" mark nodded and he went away leaving him there. jisung just stared mark's back as he disappeared from his sight. he bit his lower lip and he squeezed his eyes shut.