C.35

"both of you are going to college today right?" taeyong asked when he entered the living room with a mug of coffee. he looked extremely tired and there were visible eye bags under his eyes.

haerin had her legs on top of jeno's lap. it had become one of her habits towards jeno and he didn't really care. jaemin was braiding her hair and sometimes sniffed it. he is liking the scent. sometimes lucas had to throw his popcorn towards the guy and give him death glares to make him stop. but he would continued to do the same thing after stopping for a few seconds.

"yeah. why?" the two people turned their heads towards the leader.

"keep an eye to that two exo members. just don't go exposing yourselves." taeyong drank the coffee from his mug and his left hand rested on his hip.

"you looked tired" she stated. he nodded his head. "had some things to do" he said before walking away disappearing into the dark halls.

"where's jisung?" she suddenly asked. "in his room probably? why do you ask?" jaemin stopped what he was doing and he tilted his head to look at her. she shook her head and ushered him to continue. jaemin eyed her curiously but shrug it off.

loud screamings were heard and they saw donghyuck running around with a card in his right hand. more specific it was one of chenle's cards. mark was right behind him and he had his eyes locked at the guy who was panting for air after running away from him.

donghyuck lifted the card and showed mark with a serious expression on his face.

"i told you chenle's card won't tell lies. if you keep on hiding your true feelings for hae-- ow! what the hell mark that hurts" mark had grabbed his arm and pulled him away.

"what is happening?" haerin mumbled. the green haired boy just waved at her before dragging donghyuck who was screaming for his mother out of the living room.

"the usuals" jeno answered shrugging his shoulders.

"haerin" a deep voice coming from her side made her to turn her head towards the tall person beside her. lucas had stopped and he stared her straight in the eyes. her eyebrows furrowed and she had stop walking to face him.

they were on their way to their class together. both of them had the same classes every year.

"are you okay, xuxi?"

"you're getting more and more far away from me" he suddenly said and he looked down. "huh?"

"since you joined nct. it's as if i don't have more time with you. it's like you're leaving me.." he trailed off not wanting to look at her. haerin pursed her lips. she took a step closer towards him and cupped both of his cheek to make him look at her.

her violet orbs met his dark brown ones. "why would i want to leave you, xuxi?" she tilted her head as she asked that. lucas grabbed both of her wrist and removed her hand that were cupping his cheek. he leaned forward towards her.

"you're getting close with the others. especially the dream unit. and jisung.. i don't know why it's hurting me. seeing you with another guy" he muttered and looked away. "it's like i had lost something that was supposed to be mine" he murmured to himself so that haerin couldn't hear him.

haerin felt like her heart were hurting. lucas looked somehow sad. she don't know what to do but something came into her mind. she closed the gap between them and wrapped her arms around his waist. she couldn't reach his neck because of his height. so her face were buried inside his chest.

lucas looked kind of surprised his eyes widening when she suddenly hugged him. he hugged her back burying his head at the nape of her neck. there's something about haerin that's different. when she hugged him he felt that wave of calmness washing over him.

"xuxi.. people are looking" haerin's voice were muffled because her face were pressed on his chest. he broke the hug and a small smile appeared on his lips. grabbing her hand they began walking.

as soon as they step inside the class haerin looked around with her brows furrowed. she saw the light blue haired guy who was typing something on his phone and went towards him quickly.

"jongin!" his shoulders flinched when she suddenly appeared next to him. putting his phone back inside his pocket he looked up to see haerin narrowing her eyes at him.

"oh my god hyem--"

"where's baekhyun?"

"oh-- i don't think he'll go to school today" jongin answered shrugging his shoulders. "why?"

he seemed a bit hesitant to answer. his eyes went back to look at her. "he's sick" he answered simply.

love sick.

he felt like rolling his eyes remembering baekhyun's sudden temper in the morning earlier. when he was waking up that guy he suddenly threw a blade right next to his head. and then he cried saying hyemin had a boyfriend or something.

baekhyun doesn't want to go to school because he said that he's not in the mood to face haerin. he knew about the call a few days and ago since baekhyun told him.

"that stupid idiot" he murmured and a sigh left his lips as he shook his head.

"is he okay?" haerin asked as she tilted her head. the latter smiled reassuring her. "of course he's okay. don't worry" she nodded her head before going back to her seat.

"what's wrong? where's that baekhyun guy?" lucas whispered when she had sat down on her seat. "he said that baekhyun's sick? i don't know"

the two people went to a deep silence until lucas decided to break it.

"i've been meaning to ask" he stopped for a moment. haerin turned her head towards the guy with her left eyebrow raised.

"do you like baekhyun?" lucas eyed her curiously. she pursed her lips and quickly shook her head. "why would i be?" her nose scrunched up when he asked her that question.

"because he liked you. but i don't really blame him. anyone could like you" he placed his chin on top of his palm. his arm resting on the table as he faced her. she made a thin line with her lips and looked away.

"you're a likable person" he said. she remembered mark had said the same thing towards her.

"not if they know my real identity, xuxi." she mumbled but he heard her.

"nct knows your identity and they accept who you are. i know your real identity.." he stopped for a moment while looking away and he continued.

"but i still like you"