C.5

"she's still sleeping peacefully"

"she's really pretty.. just like what lucas said"

"did she joined our gang? eunbi really needed a girl friend here"

"shush! she's stirring in her sleep!"

haerin still closed her eyes shut as she moved to the side snuggling closer to the pillow that lucas had gave her.

"oh my god! she's so cute"

"i wanna talk to her"

"my cards said that she'll like us"

"guys! guys! shut the frick up she's going to be awake"

the voices were getting louder and louder. she opened her eyes slowly and met with six guys staring at her as they closed their mouth shut. she furrowed her eyebrows before getting up trying not to let out a moan as the pain were coming back to her. before she fell asleep she remembered that lucas said he will bring her to what she assumed the room where she'll be staying. that.. if she stayed.

"who.. who are you guys?" she asked with her quite raspy voice. she felt like her throat were dry as she held it with her right arm.

"oh! you need water, here!" a guy with brownish orange hair said before handing her a glass of water. the other guys eyed him and feeling weirded out because he didn't bring any water earlier.

"thanks"

"um.. well lucas told us to look after you" one of them said before the one who handed her the glass earlier scoffed.

"correction! he asked me and you guys just wanted to see her"

they started to bicker on something that she don't understand. a small smile appeared on her lips remembering that she used to argue with her brother a lot of times before.

"guys! can you stop! she just woke up and you guys just had to argue in front of her" one of them that looked like the youngest said. they turned their attention back to her with a bright smile on their faces.

"we're sorry. we're one of the nct gang members"

"i know" haerin nodded and one of them gasped.

"you fucking idiot of course she knew! why do you think we're here?" they started to argue again and it somehow entertained her. all of them looked young. yet they decided to joined a gang. kids these days

"sorry again. we're one of nct's sub-units called dream. i'm jisung" they started to introduce themselves.

"donghyuck, but you can call me haechan though" the one who handed her the glass earlier said. the one beside him continued. "i'm renjun. nice to meet you" renjun smiled and he slapped the guy beside him on the shoulder. he blinked before realizing that he's next.

"oh! sorry, you're too pretty. the name's jaemin by the way" he bowed making haerin let out a soft chuckle. then the introduction continued. "hi, i'm jeno" he smiled revealing his crescent moon shaped eyes which attracted haerin the most about him. she nodded.

"hello! i'm chenle!" the last one said with his loud voice making her cracked a smile. all of them were quite cute. she cleared her throat.

"i'm haerin"

"we know! lucas literally talked about you all the time!" chenle said while the others laughed as they mimicked how lucas said. haerin felt entertained by their presence and it somehow made her forgot about the pain she was having.

"you need to meet the others too" jisung said and the others nodded in agreement. her lips made a thin straight line as she fiddled with her fingers.

"i heard that taeyong wanted you to join nct. so are you joining us?" jeno asked while the others waited for her answer. haerin don't know what to say so she just shrugged her shoulders as the response. some of them pouted and felt quite disappointed.

"where's her! where's my new friend haerin?!" the door slammed open revealing eunbi's happy face. she ran towards the girl that was still on the bed. eunbi glared the other guys and eyed them up and down.

"what the hell are you guys doing here?" she asked crossing her arms. none of them cared to answer so she decided to just ignore them. eunbi turn her attention back to haerin. she came because she needed to tell her something.

"haerin.. taeyong told me to bring you to him. you do know what he wanted to ask right? whatever your answer is, you won't get away when he wanted something. that guy always gets what he wanted" eunbi held her shoulders and a small smile was forming on her lips. haerin kept a blank face on and she slowly got up from her bed.

her legs felt too weak as she was about to fell down a pair of arms held her waist. she looked up and saw donghyuck with a concerned eyes.

"you know what. i'll just ask taeyong to come here. you're still injured so stay where you are. dreamies i want you to leave when taeyong's here, alright" she began walk out of the room while the others just groaned in frustration. donghyuck helped to make her sit down slowly on the bed.

"are you okay, haerin?" jaemin asked when he saw the pain that flashed through her eyes. she nodded and not long after that taeyong came inside looking annoyed that eunbi was ordering him around but his eyes eventually turned soft when his gaze met hers.

the dreamies began to leave and jisung was the last one. he glanced at her before closing the door shut. taeyong walked to her side before sitting beside her on the bed.

she thought he would be standing in front of her, looking down with authority but now he just looked tired.

"your wounds healed yet?" he suddenly asked breaking the silence that was starting to build in the room. she nodded not bothering to look at him.

"i'm sorry.. I shouldn't have pressured you. but i really wanted to help you find your brother's murderer. he's apart of the family. i know you wanted to avenge your brother's death so please.." a long sigh escaped his lips.

"haerin, have you decided-" before he could finished his sentence she quickly cutted him. she turned her head to look at him straight in the eye which made him gulped because they were so close.

"i'll join your gang but in one condition" he raised his left eyebrow.

"when we finally got the killer, i'll be the one who will kill him. and right at that moment. don't try to stop me" she muttered under her breath but loud enough for him to hear. a smile spread across his face as he nodded.

"to be honest, i already told lucas that i wanted to make you join our team. which probably resulting to kidnapping you. but yeah things happened" he shrugged his shoulders as he casually told her the plan of kidnapping her.

"i already know that. you're easy to read, taeyong" haerin said with a smile staring straight on who knows what. taeyong didn't reply anything as he suddenly got up.

he coughed and avoided to make any eye contact with her. "i'll ask someone to show you around. i have to go somewhere" he quickly rushed to go outside making him hitting his own forehead on the door. he silently cursed and went outside.

"guess i'm back as an assassin"