C.57

"did you bring any weapons with you?" he asked raising his tone a bit since most of the people inside the place were literally screaming their lungs out.

"yeah. a gun and my dagger" she answered and noticed that jisung was trying to take something out from his jeans pocket.

"wait. don't use any lights. we'll gain their attention by doing so" haerin said half-whispered. "we have the street lamps though"

"i thought you were a mutant or something because i don't have night vision" he let out of chuckle but she quickly slapped his shoulder to shut him up.

"what was that for?" she could see him pouting. the street lamps went through from the glass windows so the place weren't completely dark. haerin took her gun from her back and pulled the safety off.

they heard the sound of glass shattering into pieces. jisung saw a few men walking to their direction so he quickly held haerin's arm pulling her as they began running.

"we have found the target. the target is running away" they heard one of them speak informing someone, probably the leader.

"we have to get out" jisung said as sweat trickled down from his forehead. "what about the innocent people?"

"don't try to run" a voice appeared right beside her. she turned around and pulled her trigger. the sound of gun shot echoed through the place. no one was there.

something rolled on the ground and it hit her feet. her eyes widened when she knew what the thing was. pulling jisung's arm they ran to take cover but the bomb exploded before they could.

"haerin-!"

haerin hugged jisung covering him and both of them flew across the empty market. most of the people were already gone saving their lives. her head hit the shelves and the impact made her vision a bit blurry.

jisung slowly opened his eyes wincing in pain as he blinked a lot of times. his eyes widened when he saw haerin lying down not moving an inch not far from him.

"haerin? haerin!" he scrambled up to his feet. his legs were about to give up he fell back down right next to haerin.

"haerin! can you hear me? please wake up!" he shook her shoulders and gasped when he saw blood trickling down from her head.

her forehead had a slight crease and her eyes fluttered opened. "jisung.." she sat up with his help. her hand went to touch her head and she felt a warm liquid.

"are you okay?" she asked when she saw his eyes getting watery.

"thank goodness you're still alive" his mumbled and she felt warmth after. it was a short embrace but she felt energy waves coming right through her.

"we can't fight them because we're outnumbered. there's just the two of us. but we can still find a way out. try contacting one of the members" she nodded her head and her hand touched the in-ear.

her other hand finding something in her jacket and she took a small bomb. then donghyuck's face popped up in her mind.

"it'll be handy"

she let out a soft chuckle. he gave her the bomb the day when they were attacked. she never got the time to use it.

raelizing something she silently cursed. jisung noticed her change of expression. "what's wrong?"

"i think that explosion had something installed in it because i can't contact anyone from the headquarters" jisung helped her to stand up and both of them began to move quietly not wanting to make a single sound. the place suddenly lit up.

both of them stood their backs facing each other as their arms extended aiming the gun. they were surrounded by men with white mask and a symbol on it. all of the guns were aimed at them.

"red sun"

"i told you don't try to run. you're outnumbered. if you could just follow--" before he could finish what he wanted to say jisung pulled the shelves that was right beside him.

"a mafia doesn't talk when they're on missions"

they began shooting and jisung got a hold of haerin's hand. both of them began running while trying to dodge the gun shots. more and more people were chasing them.

haerin took the bomb out from her jacket and pressed the small button on it. the bomb showed that it have five seconds before it exploded. she threw the bomb in the air and her leg kicked it real hard.

the bomb flew right at the people that were chasing them and it exploded. then there was a very bright blinding white light that made them stop chasing. the white light started to produce flames. they heard them screaming in pain as their body caught fire.

"what kind of bomb is that?" jisung asked his eyes widening slightly. they stopped running to catch their breaths. haerin wiped the sweat that was streaming down to her chin and shook her head.

"donghyuck gave it to me"

"no wonder it's.. never mind. let's go" he pulled her hand again dragging her to a red ferrarri that was parked nearby. "wait.. you drove this all by yourself?"

"yeah?"

"when did you get your licence?" she tilted her head to her side eyebrows furrowing. he shrugged. "i never got one"

"wait... what?"

"haerin! you're back! where's my chicken-- what the fish. what happened to the grocery shopping" johnny was the first one to greet them.

"uh well.. it's a very long story. i'm sorry i didn't get your chicken, johnny"

"don't worry it's okay. both of you looked like you had gone into war or something. you really need to get treated" the taller guy said pointing to his head mentioning the blood.

"damn both of you looked like a couple that just gone into war"

"can you stop with that 'gone into war' thingy? i'm tired.." jisung was getting exhausted by the minute they were standing there. johnny lifted both of his hands up. "not my problem"

"what the hell happened?" taeyong who just got down from the stairs quickly went beside johnny when he saw the two. his eyes scanned jisung and then haerin. his gaze softened when their eyes locked with each other.

"we were attacked" jisung answered simply. taeyong nodded his head and he was about to walk away. "what-!"

"dude, you have to calm down. they looked miserable" johnny held taeyong's shoulder. haerin rolled her eyes. "take it as a compliment" she muttered.

"your welcome"