C.18

"have you chosen your path?" the voice appeared again and she looked around to find it. but there was no one. "who are you?"

"i'm your inner self, haerin. so tell me.. do you want to continue to live or forget every thing. you can meet your brother then" she stood up quickly gritting her teeth as both if her fists were clenched tight.

"no"

"you're my demon side" she muttered and the voice chuckled.

"probably. you do know that you're getting weaker and weaker. you've become soft after you met lucas. and after joining nct" the voice continued in a mocking tone and she hated it.

"you're better off on your own. you do know that. look what you have done to yourself!"

"i'm not getting weak! instead i'm getting stronger! i have my will to live and i am not going to leave them just like that!" haerin clutched her heart area as it was throbbing in pain.

it was a long silence. "all right. seems like you have chosen the path. but do remember one thing. you still had unfinished business"

"i know that. you don't have to remind me"

"well then"

then her eyes were blinded by the sudden light that shone down at her. squeezing her eyes tight she felt wind passing through her body.

a gasp was heard as she abruptly opened her eyes and straightened her body to sit. sweat trickling down from her forehead. her sensitive eyes squinted as she tried to adjust it to the light in the room. the white painted walls illuminated the orangish yellow sun rays that went through the curtains. the sun was setting.

she tried to move her fingers. she looked around the room and saw a digital clock placed on top of the small cupboard beside her bed. her eyes widened in shock when she saw the date.

05.01.2020

haerin rubbed her eyes and stared at the date again. "i'm in a coma?" her voice were a bit hoarse. the door to the room were slide open and a man with a white coat came in.

"you finally had woken up. i'll have to check your condition" he said. "i'm sorry but can i ask you where i am?" a slight pain throbbing from the back of her head.

"you're in the hospital. you were comatose for three months as you got really beaten up. i don't really know who did that and what happen but the one who brought you here were very worried. they also refuse to tell what really happen" the man who she assumed as the doctor explained. nodding her head.

the doctor checked her heartbeat and walked out of the room after he excused himself because he needed to get the analysis clipboard or some sort.

staring blankly on the white wall in front of her trying to remember what really had happened. the doctor came in shortly after and checked her once again.

"i'm impressed that your body were fully healed in three months. do you have any family members to contact to?" she shook her head.

"well i have already called one of them and they'll be here in a few minutes" haerin furrowed her eyebrows.

lucas groaned as he covered his ear with a pillow to block the annoying sound coming from his phone. it kept ringing and he harshly grabbed the phone. squinting his eyes at the number he abruptly stood up running his fingers through his soft brown hair combing it a bit.

"hello? wait really? oh shi- no. wait oh my god! okay we'll be there" lucas ended the call and he threw his phone onto the bed before running towards the bathroom cleaning himself up.

he feel a wave of energy engulf him. picking any clothes from the wardrobe not really caring what it is cause he knew he's handsome-

taking the phone and running out of his room. his footsteps were heard all over the mansion as he rushed down stairs.

"woah there man. what have gotten into you?" he bumped onto mark. lucas smiled and it made mark's eyes widened. "no way, man." as if they were having a conversation the other guy instantly knew what he meant.

"wait- i'm following you" both of them began to walk inside the living room looking happy as ever. the dreamies except for jisung who were watching some cartoons on the television turned their attention towards the two older guys.

"where are you going?" renjun asked while stealing a popcorn from jeno. "to haerin" mark beamed.

"she's not awake-" donghyuck was cutted off by lucas. "the doctor who was treating her called me" his eyes widened as his emotionless face lighten up.

"oh shit- i'm. i'm not ready" he began to panic. "wait for me you dumbasses i'm going to join you" he ran towards his room while shouting that.

"have you told taeyong?" jaemin asked and lucas shook his head. he had forgotten to tell the leader. "we'll inform taeyong. you go on ahead" jeno said and gave him the crescent eye smile of his.

"wait. why does everyone looked happy all of a sudden?" yangyang walked inside the living room with his hands inside his pocket. for the first time the smile on their faces this time were sincere.

"haerin-" before renjun could finish yangyang ran towards his room and came out again with a black hoodie jacket on his body. "i'm joining"

"oh my god! dude i can't wait to see haerin" mark slapped lucas' chest with the back of his hand. "what are you waiting for? let's go" donghyuck pushed them out if the way and all of them went outside.

"yuta! yuta!" the loud voice made the platinum blonde hair stopped what he was doing and he turned his head to the side and saw mark running towards him with a bright smile on his face.

"do you need anything, mark?" he put the screwdriver he was holding down onto the table. "we need to borrow one of your cars" lucas said.

"huh? for what?" all of them looked at each other before shrugging. "just give us the key for your black mustang. don't worry i'll be the one driving" yangyang said and it have yuta no choice but the give them.

he eyed the younger guys weirdly before shooing them out of his workshop.

"haerin! here we come!" donghyuck shouted gaining other people's attention. the didn't care and kept speed walking towards the vip ward. sliding the door to the right opening it all of them halted.

haerin was reading something from one of the book that who they assumed xiaojun gave her. she stopped reading and looked up straight at the door.

"haerin!"

"who are you guys?"