C.67

"it's none of your business"

"again with that answer. can you please.. i'm worried" jisung grabbed her shoulder his eyes stared into her violet ones.

"i never asked you to worry about me"

"then stop making me worry about you" her eyebrows furrowed when he said that. he pursed his lips and looked away releasing both of her shoulder.

"if you have any trouble you can just.." jisung trailed off when his eyes caught some movements from the rooftop of the other building. he narrowed his eyes.

haerin looked at the direction jisung's eyes were. "what's wrong?"

"someone was spying on us" he stated. haerin's eyes widened slightly. "are you sure?"

"i think i saw something on top of the building there. i'm having a bad feeling somehow. let's get inside" he wanted to grab her wrist but she quickly moved away avoiding it.

"i need to.. go somewhere" she stated and began walking away not sparing a glance back. jisung was about to follow her but stopped when he heard a low growl coming from in front of him.

"what is wrong with you"

the tiger went back to the forest. jisung's eyes darted at the surrounding and where haerin had gone off to but she was nowhere. a heavy sigh escaped his lips as he ran his fingers through his hair.

haerin slid both of her hands inside her pocket going to where her feet brings her to. she stopped abruptly when her ear caught some sound coming from her back.

she spun her heels around but saw nothing. can someone attack in broad daylight? her mind was thinking of any possibility. her hand went to grab something from her back.

a light tap on her shoulder made her to quickly turn around pointing the gun at the person. he raised both of his arms up his eyes widening in shock.

"do you want to kill me that bad?"

"what the- yah! are you crazy? what if i shoot you? you'd be dead by now" she lowered the gun her eyes glaring him. he grinned scratching the back of his neck.

"why are you walking on your own?"

"what? i can't be alone?" she placed the gun back at its place. he followed her keeping up with her pace.

"it's not that. i'm just worried"

"baekhyun" crossing both of her arms over her chest she turned to look at him straight in the eye. he gulped and took a step back. "what do you want?"

there was a long silence at his end. he didn't say anything as he averted his gaze somewhere else. she let out a sigh. "if you don't have anything to say then please leave me alone. i'm not in the mood to see anyone right now"

he quickly grabbed her wrist stopping her from going away. her eyes widened slightly. "you're still mad aren't you?" he stopped before he continued.

"can't you just believe what i said before?" she pulled her hand away harshly her face had that rage look- she scoffed.

"believe what you said? you expect me to just trust you- what you told me the other day was absurd. he's dead. you don't have any proof" she clenched both of her fists.

"i do have some proof" he took something out from his pocket. it was a small mp3. she had a slight crease on her forehead as her eyes stared down at the object. he pressed the play button.

"we must get her alive. she's an important weapon. no matter what happen, understood?" the recording stopped. baekhyun extended his left arm that has a high-tech watch.

a hologram appeared. her eyes widened when she saw the person on the hologram. "no.. no he died" her eyes were getting watery.

"you still won't believe me?"

she raised her head to look at baekhyun. her watery eyes glaring him.

when she entered the headquarters she accidentally bumped into someone. "i'm sorry" she bowed her head not wanting the person to see her in that state. letting her hair covering her face she quickly walked away.

a hand got a hold of her arm and she felt like the person pulled her arm making her to turn around almost hitting the person's chest.

"haerin"

"let me go, mark" his grip on her arm tightened. "why are you crying? who did this to you?" she didn't said anything. she just stared her feet not wanting to make any eye contact with him.

"is it.. jisung? or taeyong? who hurt you?" his hands cupped both of her cheek and he lifted her face up so he could see her. she still refused to meet his eyes.

"it's nothing.. i'm fine, mark. there's nothing to be worried about"

"i can't stand you avoiding me again. can't you just tell me what's happening? i can-- let me help you somehow" she shook her head quickly as she looked down. mark's hand fell to his side his eyes had that concerned look.

she made a thin line with her lips and began walking away leaving mark there alone. walking through the long hallways she saw someone coming out from taeyong's office.

"hey haerin--! are you okay? your eyes and your nose are red. you cried?" she just smiled.

"what were you doing inside taeyong's office? he called you?"

winwin was a bit hesitant when she asked that. shaking his head left to right he patted her head and gave her a small smile. "lucas will be back tomorrow"

"really?" the side of her lips tugged upwards at the mention of her bestfriend's name. "yeah well he called me earlier. what he was doing in china must've finished already"

"i remember.. he had some things to do there. he's fine right?" he nodded his head answering her question. a sigh of relief escaped her lips.

winwin took the headphones that he had around his neck off and placed it on haerin's head. "stop stressing around and go watch some cartoons or something"

"what about this headphones?"

"you can borrow it today" he smiled.

"where the hell were you? why didn't you told me that you're going out?" both of them turned to look at the direction of the voice and saw yuta with eunbi.

"why would i tell you where i'm going? i just need to get something from the store" eunbi crossed both of her arms over her chest. yuta rubbed his temples and there was a visible frown on his face.

"something might have happened to you! especially when this stupid gang named red sun are basically targetting us" eunbi wanted to say something but was cutted off when yuta raised his hand.

"yuta! what are you doing?" ten came out of his room his eyes trained at yuta's raised hand. "you wanted to slap her?"

"why would i-- winwin! there you are" yuta ran towards the guy that was beside haerin. "shit-" winwin didn't say much so he sprint away.