C.41

"taeyong, if we don't act fast exo might already know about our plan." doyoung said as he entered their shared office. he went towards his desk placing down the papers he had gotten from their private investigator, xiaojun.

taeyong was sitting on his office chair his back facing the other guy. his fingers tapped the chair's arm rest. his eyes stared outside of the window.

"taeyo--"

"i know that!" he turned to face doyoung that was already standing in front of his table. he rubbed his temples and let out a deep sigh.

"haerin what are you doing?" jaemin who just came out of his room asked when he saw the long black haired girl walked around the hallway. he heard her footsteps outside that's why he had to check it. she raised her head to look at the pink haired guy.

"where's xuxi?" she suddenly asked quickly walking towards him. "he's probably out with the other wayv for missions? do you need anything from him?" he tilted his head to the side to get a clearer view of her face.

she shook her head and was about to say something until the door beside jaemin's room was opened. jisung stepped outside with one of his hand inside his jeans pocket. his eyes flickered towards her and then the guy standing in front of her.

her heart skipped a beat when he began to saunter towards them. he smiled looking down at the girl and went to ruffle her hair. "what are you guys doing?"

"haerin just asked where lucas is" jaemin answered and shrugged his shoulders. "why would you need lucas?" jisung asked and there was a hint of jealousy in his voice. jaemin noticed it and he looked away to hide the smile he was having.

"i'll go back inside. both of you- have fun" jaemin closed the door when he had gone inside leaving the two of them alone.

haerin furrowed her eyebrows. his dark eyes bore into her violet orbs. "i need to ask him something"

"you can just ask me" jisung said as he broke the eye contact. his gaze went somewhere else as he said that. he scratched the back of his neck and cleared his throat.

"let's go out" he suddenly blurted that out. she lifted her left eyebrow and tilted her head to the side a bit. "you have to take some fresh air, you know" he said still refusing to make eye contact with her.

"we didn't prohibit you from going outside or something".

a soft chuckle escaped her lips. "why should i?" she asked while tapping her chin with her index finger as if she was thinking something. there was a slight pout coming from the guy.

"just because.."

"sure" a big smile spread across his face. he turned around his back facing her as he fist bumped the air and shouted a yes in a whisper tone. he then went to look at her while clearing his throat. his face had a blank expression.

"okay let's go" he extended his hands to her. she stared at it for a second before intertwining their hands together.

jaemin slowly peeked through his door to look at the two people that was starting to walk away. a grin appeared. "they're cute" he mumbled to himself.

"what are you doing?" he stumbled when a voice suddenly appeared right beside him. jeno furrowed his eyebrows and glanced to the direction jaemin was looking at.

"where are they going?" the crescent eyed guy asked as the two backs disappeared from sight. jaemin stood straight and chuckled. "dating of course" he winked and went to get his phone.

"i'm proud of my baby" he sighed almost dramatically. jeno rolled his eyes.

"you went out with mark yesterday right?" jisung asked as he halted and turned to look at her. both of them had gotten an ice cream and decided to stroll around the park.

"yeah, with his tiger too. why did you ask?" there was a sudden strong wind and she squeezed her eyes shut afraid that dusts might go inside her eyes. she felt something brushed against her skin.

jisung brushed the few strands of hair that was on her face and tucked it behind her ear. his eyes spotted something white at the side of her lips. it was the ice cream.

"stay still" he stated before his thumb went to wipe the white cream from the side of her lips. she froze on her spot eyes widening slightly. he smiled warmly at her.

"where did you go?"

"huh?"

"with mark" he cleared his throat. a weird feeling coming from inside his chest. "he showed me something.. beautiful" she said and smiled remembering the place that have fireflies.

jisung suddenly grabbed her hand and pulled her towards him. her head hit his chest and she peered up in surprise. his right arm was around her waist and he had an unreadable emotion.

"haerin i--" he was cutted off when someone suddenly appeared right next to them. jisung mentally cursed and he turned his head to the left side. his arms still around her waist. he noticed haerin's eyes widened.

"hyemin?" a light silver haired guy was staring at her in pure shock. his eyes then went to the tall guy that was standing really close to her. another guy was with him but he seem unfazed about the situation.

"baekhyun?"

baekhyun's eyes trailed downwards to where jisung's arm was. "this must be your boyfriend?" he said quite unsure. haerin bit her lower lip and jisung pulled her closer.

"and you're that baekhyun guy who called my girlfriend a few days ago" a smirk appeared on his lips when he saw baekhyun's frown.

"i know you like her. but i want you to stay away from her. any stupid moves i'll cut your throat open" jisung hissed and narrowed his eyes at the guy. baekhyun was about to say something but he stopped himself not wanting to fight in public.

"hey. we need to go now" the guy beside him said as his eyes still focused on his phone's screen.

"don't worry i won't. enjoy your date. i'll see you at college, hyemin" baekhyun forced a smile and he waved a goodbye. the guy beside him glanced at them and waved too before looking back at his phone and followed baekhyun.

"that must be d.o. their cyber specialist" jisung muttered and turned to look at her. "is this a date?" she asked out of the blue staring back at him. jisung lifted his left brow and choked on his own saliva.

"let's just go home" jisung mumbled and grabbed her hand.

baekhyun halted as he turned to look back at the two who were beginning to walk away. d.o stopped and raised his head to the guy with furrowed brows.

"did you hear what that guy said earlier? i think he mentioned haerin or something" baekhyun put both of his hands inside his pocket jeans. d.o shrugged his shoulders while typing something in his phone.

"haerin.. why does that name seem familiar?"