C.49

"i'm sorry haerin"

her eyelids felt heavy and she couldn't take her eyes off from it. her vision blurred and before she could fall down baekhyun's arm snaked around her waist holding her. her phone that she was holding fell to the ground.

baekhyun put his pocket watch back inside his pocket. haerin's phone rang. he turned to look at it and frowned at the caller's id.

"jisung"

he took her phone and rejected the call. not long after her phone rang again but this time it was from mark. baekhyun bit his lower lip and sighed before shutting her phone off.

"nct" he murmured putting the phone inside his pocket amd lifted her up in a bridal style.

her eyes fluttered open revealing her violet orbs. she squinted her eyes as she tried to adjust with the light. the memories of what had happened earlier rushed back inside her head. she sat straight looking around the unfamiliar room.

her hands moved around her body and she let out a sigh of relief knowing that she still had her clothes on. she tried to get off the bed but she fell down with a loud thud.

"what-?" haerin pulled the comforter away and saw her left leg got chained with the bed. her eyes widened as she tried to break free. "what the hell"

the door to the room was pushed open. baekhyun closed the door behind him and locked it quickly. "hyemin you're awake" he stated not surprised. he was about to help her but she extended her arm stopping him.

"don't you dare take a step near me" she glared him. "baekhyun, why?" her voice came out quite shaky and there was a hint of disappointment. baekhyun just stared at her with guilt washing all over him.

"i need to ask you something"

"and you had brought me to.." she looked around the room and back at him frowning. "wherever this is! why can't you just ask your stupid questions earlier. you-"

"you know that i'm in a gang right? hyemin- no. should i say, jung haerin? the assassin, nano. why did you lied to me?" she sat on his bed still struggling with the chain on her left leg.

"answer me!" baekhyun slammed the table beside him making her shoulders to jump. "i'm sorry. you shouldn't struggle with that thing. you'll get hurt if you force yourself" he muttered.

"let me go"

"not until you answer me. don't worry i didn't tell my other members. i won't hurt you" she narrowed her eyes at him. "why did you lied?" she didn't gave him any reply. baekhyun crossed both of his arms over his chest moving towards her slowly.

"you're in nct aren't you. yukhei's one of their members too. why did you get close with us? are you, spying both me and kai?" baekhyun looked down at her and raised both of his eyebrows.

haerin just stared him blankly not wanting to answer any of his questions. "why-? does our friendship.. means nothing to you?" his head dropped as he bit his lower lip. his eyes had a glint of sadness.

"i even.. fall in love with you"

"i told you already you shouldn't love someone like me, baekhyun. let me go" baekhyun sighed and got a key from his pocket and unlocked the chain. he waited for her to punch him or attack him. but nothing came.

"hyem-- haerin?" she furrowed her eyebrows when she remembered something.

her eyes caught something shiny on the ground.

"what's that?" she grabbed it and lift the thing to her eye level. "this thing must have fell from lucas' jacket" the glass-like thing was hexagon shaped. there were golden linings and it had formed an x in the middle.

"isn't that-?" renjun bent down to look at the thing. he quinted his eyes. the others gathered around looking interested with the thing.

"exo's symbol"

haerin lifted her head up to face him. "you- why did you guys ambushed eunbi, yuta and ten? and you also hurt xuxi" she clenched her fists tight knuckles turning white.

"what? we don't have any missions today. what ambush?" her eyes widened. baekhyun blinked looking confused.

"stop lying!"

"you're the one that had been lying to me all this time!" he snapped back looking serious as heck. "i'll kill you right here right now"

"you're in our territory right now, haerin. i can just hypnotise you or make you fall asleep just like earlier if i wanted to" he said taking out the golden pocket watch. a soft chuckle escaped her lips.

"yeah you can do that. but i know you won't" he bit his lower lip knowing that she was right. even if he want to do it, he just can't. he let out a deep sigh.

"i actually felt like leaving this gang life to be honest. i'm sick of it. i wanted to have a normal human life just like what other people do. but i don't know how" he suddenly said. haerin furrowed her brows.

"why are you telling me these?"

"because i felt like i can trust you. i might get killed if i told the others that i wanted to leave"

"you can't trust someone like me, baekhyun" she muttered. "you're backstabbing your own gang" she continued and there was a long silence from his end.

"if you guys weren't the one that had ambushed them.. then who?" she mumbled.

suddenly there was a knock on the door to his room. both of their heads turned to the direction of the door. baekhyun began panicking.

"you have to get out of here now. you can walk do you?" he was about to grab her arm but she moved away quickly giving him a slight glare. she glanced towards the opened window.

"do you know who killed my brother?"

"baekhyun are you in there?" the knockings on the door are getting louder and louder. she knows she have to get out of the place as soon as possible before she got caught.

"what are--"

"it's useless. you don't know" she ran her tongue against her teeth clenching her fists before she started running towards the window and jumped outside.

his eyes widened in shock and he quickly ran towards it to check if she was okay. he looked down scanning the area but she was nowhere in sight.