C.11

haerin was laying down on the sofa with her legs over lucas' lap. they were watching some cartoons on the big LED television that was in the living room with the other dream members. she secretly took some chips from renjun who was sitting on the floor in front of her.

"i know you're taking my chips, haerin" renjun said but his eyes were still on the cartoon. she coughed and ignored his statements. ten came down from the stairs and he was searching for someone until he lay his eyes on haerin.

"haerin.. it's time to give you your tattoo" he said and smiled as he adjusted the glasses he was wearing. haerin stood up and nodded before looking at lucas. he patted her head as he went to grab her hands.

"i'm wondering where would you want your tattoo to be" chenle had his high pitched voice. she herself doesn't know too. "probably on my right shoulder blade?" she said quite unsure. she never had the thought of getting one before.

"oh! that's just like someone i know" jaemin had a smirk but she didn't really understand what he was talking about. lucas scoffed as he pulled haerin's hand leading her to ten's tattoo parlour that was a few rooms from their living room.

it was quite dark when they step inside and she saw ten sat there on a chair waiting for her. she halted making lucas to stop walking as well. he noticed her eyes had a little fear. he chuckled before pulling her towards ten.

"hey there haerin" ten smiled and she nodded quickly. "where do you want your tattoo to be?" she sat down and let out a deep sigh.

"on my right shoulder blade" she said. "your wish is my command"

"xuxi.." she looked up at him and a slight pout appeared on her lips. he smiled and took both of her hands in his. "just hold me tight. if it pains you just grip my hand harder" lucas said.

she was wearing an off shoulder blouse so she doesn't really have to take her clothes off. ten began to do his job and she tightened her grip on lucas' hands while gritting her teeth trying to not yelp.

lucas just stared at her straight in the eyes not bothering that she was literally crushing his hands. it didn't took a lot of time and ten's already done with what he was doing.

he left after leaving her with something to ease the pain. a sigh of relief escaped haerin's lips. "you're okay, haerin?" lucas pulled ten's chair and sat in front of her. his hands still holding hers.

she smiled and look over for the tattoo but couldn't really see it. there was a mirror at the back that's when she saw the tattoo. the word nct engraved on her right shoulder blade and somehow it made her sides tugged upwards. "where did you put yours?" she asked while making contact with the guy in front of him.

"you wanna know?" lucas pursed his lips and she nodded. lucas took his shirt off turning around and it caught her off guard. then her eyes saw the word nct on his shoulder blade. just like hers, but was on the left side.

"we're like partners" she chuckled leaning forward to look at it.

haerin's fingers traced the linings on lucas' tattoo and her touch sent some weird feelings. his stomach felt weird and his heart were starting to race. her eyes stared at the tattoo. "i don't know why.. but it's pretty" she mumbled.

he turn his head to look at her and her face was a few inches away. he could've sworn that he can even hear his own heartbeat thumping loudly against his chest. he instantly grip her wrist stopping her from touching it as his dark brown orbs locked with her violet ones.

"haerin--"

"guys, taeyong ca-- oh my god! my poor eyes!" jeno came into view and he covered his eyes with his hands. both of them turned their heads towards jeno who had just entered the room.

okay take this as jeno's view:

you were just trying to inform them what your leader had instructed you to. then you saw a guy and a girl in a dark room. the guy doesn't have a shirt on and both of them were staring into each other.

not so good.

haerin quickly stood up from her seat and walked towards jeno. "what did taeyong said?" she asked. jeno cleared his throat before straightening himself and putting a blank face on.

"well.. he need all of us to be in the meeting room as soon as possible. they'll brief us about the new mission" jeno said while trying to avoid making eye contact with lucas that was glaring at him.

"i-- we need to go now" jeno stated and he speed walked away out of the room. haerin furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"let's go, ririn" lucas had already stood behind her with his shirt on. haerin nodded as the guy slung his arm over her shoulder leading her the way to the meeting room.

he didn't say much. he was a bit confused but for what?

haerin seem to notice him looking troubled but decided to just ask later. the moment they entered the meeting room all of them were already seated except for taeyong, doyoung and mark who was standing at the front.

"all right everyone's here already" haerin took a seat beside hendery with lucas at her left. the table glowed and then somekind of a 3d map appeared. she stared at it in awe.

"winwin had made some changes towards the table" hendery whispered. she nodded and close her mouth shut focusing on what taeyong wanted to say.

"we will be attacking one of the black horn's drug warehouse. nct dream will be covering the top part and downwards while wayv will be coming from the main entrance and cover the bottom part upwards. wayv will meet the dreamies there. this time, haerin will be joining the dreamies" doyoung explained as the map glowed red at his touch when he was telling the positions.

she furrowed her eyebrows but didn't question much. "all right. never let your guard down and make sure all of you come back in one piece" taeyong said narrowing his eyes as he look at the members in front of him one by one.

"you're okay, haerin?" lucas asked. she nodded giving him a warm smile. "of course. though it have been three years but yeah.. you saw what happen the other day" she mumbled sheepishly and he patted her head.

"you're still the jung haerin that i know" he grinned. "what?"

"don't forget to be safe! we have an unplanned wedding" lucas ran away leaving her froze on her spot.