C.69

haerin stopped abruptly in front of one door. her hand was gripping the golden door knob. "aren't you going in?" jisung asked. sighing she shook her head.

"i don--"

"why aren't you doing anything? you know damn well that she's in utter danger" jisung furrowed his eyebrows when they heard lucas' voice.

"shut the fuck up lucas. you have no rights to order me around. that thing got destroyed! we have nothing left to prove that he's the killer" taeyong rubbed his temples as he sighed.

"what do you mean destroyed?" the taller guy raised his left eyebrow feeling confused.

"they probably knew we're on their tail"

"then why aren't we finishing their gang? and you should tell her about him"

"can she even believe that thing?!" taeyong slammed the table his eyes glaring lucas straight in the eye.

"what about him?" both of them froze before they turned their heads to look at the person who just entered the room. jisung stood right behind the girl.

"haerin"

"who are you talking about? believe what?" she walked closer towards them. lucas pursed his lips as he looked away.

"are you talking about my brother?" her voice came out of bit shaky. "look haerin" she moved away when taeyong wanted to grab her arm.

"don't tell me.. one of you killed him?" her eyes widening slightly as she clenched both if her fists.

"what- why would someone from nct kill their own member?"

"there's a lot of possibilities" she narrowed her eyes at the leader before she turned to look at lucas who's still looking away refusing any eye contact with her.

"both of you get out" taeyong ordered as he crossed both of his arms over his chest. "but-" jisung frowned when taeyong death glared him. lucas patted haerin's head before going out.

"jisung" lucas called out to him. the younger one gave haerin a small smile and waved goodbye before going out.

"when haejun died. what did you do?" she took a step forward. "if i'm not mistaken.. you're there aren't you?" her gaze met taeyong's.

"you're trying to say that i killed him? haerin.. am i a joke to you? do you think my confession the other day- whatever" he ran his fingers through his hair and let out a heavy sigh. "taeyong.."

"it's my fault" her eyebrows twitched when he said that. "haejun met me when he was all alone in neo city. well you got the idea after that. he joined nct. i don't want to but he still insisted on joining. but then..well that day came"

"taeyong! lee taeyong! i heard something. my sister.. she's-"

"jung haejun. i thought you were out spying our target?"

"i did- but they mentioned about my sister. i can't just leave her when she's in danger!" taeyong never had seen him looking so serious before. haejun's eyes were trembling his black hair matte to his forehead.