Chapter Thirty One

Maxon POV

I stood face to face with the person that kidnapped America.

"We finally meet Maxon." He laughed.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"You don't know my name or who I am?" He asked. He then shook his head and let out a long sigh.

"Has Kriss never spoken about me? What a shame, whatever I'll introduce myself now. My name is Fredrick and I was the person who was supposed to marry Kriss. But then your idiot father decided to "kill" America. And then you had to marry her," he said with a look of hatred.

"And then you just had to choose the worst possible way kill her. 400 slashes? Even I wouldn't do something like that. Although I'm pretty grateful that America killed her before anymore harm could happen to her." He smiled sadly at the end.

"Then why're you hurting America right now?" I exclaimed.

"To hurt you of course! You took someone I loved from me, now it's my turn to do the same. Although it was quite a surprise seeing that Amelia was America! I took her because I noticed you two were close, but finding out she was your first choice? What a perfect change of events!"

"Where is America" I asked.

"Don't worry about her she's safe inside the house. First give me my money and then I'll give you the girl."

I clenched my fists. "Bring out America first and then I give you the money I need to see that shes still okay."

"Come on Maxon, do you really think I did something to her" he grinned innocently, but his eyes told a different story.

"I don't want any trouble. Just bring America out here and all will be good. I don't want any trouble.

"Aish..." he groaned and snapped his fingers. "One of you go get her" he ordered his men.

One of them quickly went inside and there was a thick tension in the air as we waited.

Minutes ticked and I was starting to get impatient. And by the looks of it, so was Fredrick.

Henry walked up to me leaned close in slight panick.

"Aspen is saying America isn't in there!" My eyes widened.

Where is she then? Is Fredrick lying?

"what's taking him so long!? Someone go see where this asshole is!" Fredrick snapped. Another man went inside and not even 3 seconds later there was a loud crash before Aspen came out with Chris and August, guns in hand and the man that went in in the other.

"hands up! All of you!" Aspen yelled, pointing his gun at Fredrick.

The man at gunpoint just laughed. "You think I didn't see this coming? I really didn't want to cause any trouble like this but I guess you leave me no choice. NOW!" he yelled.

Rebels from all over started running out from their hiding spots, that's when our men also reacted.

All over there was fighting going on, guns being shot and spears being thrown. I tossed the case to Henry.

"Keep this safe!" I said before running towards Fredrick. He wasn't paying attention to anyone so I was able to punch him before grabbing his collar

"Where is she," I grit. He just laughed.

"Does it look like I know!? The bitch escaped! She could be anywhere by now!" He laughed maniacally.
I pushed him back before looking around desperately for Aspen.