Chapter Four

America pov

Today was the day. The day Maxon would announce who The One would be. The day I fake my death.

My maids woke me up really early to get me looking extra pretty. They bathed me in warm water rubbing scented oils and lotions all over my body, leaving me feeling refreshed and my skin glowing when I got out.

Next, I sat at my vanity as Lucy did my makeup. Once she was finished, Anne did my hair. She put it into a bun with a few strands out to frame my face.

And lastly, Mary came out of the closet holding my dress. It was a beautiful blue dress that had a sweetheart neckline and was knee length. It was full of gems on the bodice and went down to a simple skirt to balance it out. It looked amazing and to top it off they placed a crown shaped comb on my head.

I looked into the mirror and was flabbergasted. The girls had truly outdone themselves. I thanked them and after slipping my feet into some flats, I went into the ballroom and sat at the table that was meant for the royals and the selected. It wasn't long before Kriss came in. She beside me and greeted me.

"Hi, America you look beautiful!" She smiled and hugged me.

"So do you, Kriss!" I smiled back.

Kriss was wearing a lavender dress that was floor length and she looked like a queen. She will be a better queen then I'll ever be.

"I just wanna say, no matter what happens I hope we can remain friends." She says.

"Of course we can Kriss" I smiled at her. She smiled back.

We watched as the royal family entered the ballroom. They took their seats at our table.

"Hello dears, are you two excited?" Amberly asked.

"Very!" We said in unison. There were five more minutes before we started. I looked at Clarkson and he looked back at me and nodded.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom real quick, excuse me". I told Maxon.

"Ok hurry though, we'll be starting soon" I nodded and left the ballroom. I waited where I was supposed to meet Clarkson. Soon enough he came and gave me a bag full of makeup and some fake blood.

The thing is that I'm really good at making wounds with makeup. I went to the bathroom and ripped the side of my dress. I used the makeup and made it look like there was a wound in the ripped area, then I added the blood. It looked so real and the blood smelt horrible.

Once I went outside, I found Clarkson and he looked at my "wound".

"Good job now go hide," he said and I hid in the bathroom. Clarkson gave me something to Inject into my arm and chest to make it seem like my heart stopped. He said to use it once he knocked on the door three times cause it worked for only one hour. I heard the alarm and after a little while, I heard three knocks.

I injected the serum and went outside. There was blood already on the ground so I positioned myself so it looked like I was bleeding.

"Don't mess this up you hear me?" he said and I nodded. About ten minutes later, I heard running and screaming.

"WHERE ARE YOU AMERICA!! AMERICA!!!!" I heard Maxon screaming.

"GUARDS COME QUICK!!" Clarkson yelled.

Third person pov

Clarkson had yelled for guards to come. Along with them came Maxon. He saw America and rushed towards her. He collapsed in front of her and flipped her over so that she was facing him.

"America" Maxon whispered.

Tears forming in his eyes.He checked her pulse and it wasn't there. He hugged her tightly and sobbed uncontrollably. America was finding it really difficult to not open her eyes and comfort him.

"HOW DID THIS HAPPEN!!!???" Maxon yelled at his father.

"I was trying to find the nearest safe room when a rebel came. He was about to stab me but she came and pushed me out of the way. She saved my life." Clarkson said with a hint of fear lacing his voice.

The plan was working out just they thought. America risked peeking at Maxon too see his face covered in tears stains and his eyes closed.

"America please, don't leave me. I'm sorry for everything I've done. This is my fault, I should've have kept you by my side the whole time. I'm so sorry dear. I love you." He whispered kissing my forehead then my lips.

I was so close to bursting but I held it in. I had to or else my family would be killed. I could feel his tears dropping on my face. Lord, please end this quickly. I don't know if I can handle it.

Clarkson told a few maids to clean me up and get me ready for my 'funeral'. We had to keep the coffin closed and those maids new about the plan and were sworn to secrecy. I wasn't in the coffin. Instead, I was standing beside Clarkson as the funeral began.

My family started to break down into the front of the coffin and soon Aspen came in as well. He walked to my family and broke down as well. I peeked at Maxon as he sat beside Kriss, trying to comfort her as she silently cried. Though he wasn't crying himself. That hurt.

Once the funeral was over Maxon excused himself to his room.I hope he's ok. Who am I kidding, of course he isn't.

I'm so sorry Maxon.

<><><><><><><><><><>
A/N GUYSSSS omg I felt so upset while writing this ugh im so cruel. Anyways I hope you like this chapter! Make sure to vote and tell me what you think. 

Love you guys <3

{EDITED)

byeeeeee

-H