Chapter Thirty pt.2

Maxon pov

It had been quite some time later and we arrived at the location America was being held. The area was in a forest in the outskirts of the province. There was nothing but trees and the distant howl of wild coyotes.

The car had stopped and the guard (who's name was Henry) and exited I the car. Looking around, I noticed a small cabin not too far away. There were two men standing guard outside so Henry went up to them and told them who we are.

The guard went inside and we waited as the man who took America came out.

"Remember, this is 100 million in there. Stall as much as much as you can while we go through the back. Okay?" Henry whispered once he returned.

I nodded and Henry stood a bit behind me.

Soon enough the man came out of the cabin.

"Well hello there Maxon," he said smirking.

America pov

I lied on the dirty floor, cut and bruises all over my body, most likely all infected. I was hanging on my a thread and struggling to keep my eyes open.

I wasn't sure what to do. The man came by a little while ago saying this was the last day and hearing that made me loose all hope.

Maxon wasn't coming.

I mean, why would he? I lied to him for so long. He'd never want to rescue someone like me. Either way it's better like this because there is no way I could face him now that he knows I'm not dead.

I looked around the room and noticed something. It had a slight glint because of the faint glow in the room. I slowly sat up, it wasn't too far away but I couldn't reach it because of the chains around my arms and legs.

I wiggled as close as I could and was so close to the object. My back was facing it and my only option was to use my mouth.

I pulled and pulled, attempting to grab the object with my tongue. After a few more attempts, to my luck, I got it.

I quickly moved back to my original position before anyone came by. I put the object in my hand and realized that it was a nail.

No way. Holy cow this was amazing.
Carefully, I started to pick at the lock with the nail, trying to find the right angle. I had never picked a lock before but I guess this will be my practice.

There was a rattling noise coming from the door knob so I quickly hid the nail by sitting on it.

The man came inside with a wicked smile.

"Hello my dear!" He said enthusiastically. "I have some great news! Well it's more great more me and not for you."

I stayed silent.

"So you finally decided to shut up hmm? Then you're probably aware of the day am I correct?"

I still didnt say anything.

"You're no fun. Not even a single word?" He asked.

More silence came his way and he sighed exaggeratedly.

"Fine then dont speak, I'm going to have my fun with you anyways." And then he crouched down in front of me, grabbing my chin and forcefully making me look at him.

"You're so beautiful, you know that? Even with all these cuts and bruises, you still manage to look like an angel. It's a shame all this had to happen to you because of you and your stupid king,".

*Read at your own discretion. Its really short so you won't miss anything important. You've been warned*