Chapter Thirty

Third POV

(A/n: this is gonna be a long one so get yourself comfy and enjoy. There's gonna be a bit of gore and  violence along with a tad bit of of sexual harassment. Read at your own will)

Aspen, being the general, was explaining the plan.

Layed on the large table was a map of the general area where America was being held captive. Today had been the second day, meaning Maxon only had one more day to get America back home safely.

"Over here is where America is," He said, pointing to the black dot.

"We'll have Princess Nicolettas' troops over here, here and here," he pushed some pawns to the areas he mentioned. "They will be watching what's going on outside."

"August and Georgia, your troops will be here, here and here. You'll be sneaking in with us and watching our backs." He said pushing some more pawns to the mentioned places.

"This dot is a cabin and there is a back door. Chris, Carter, a few others and I will be the ones going in to find America so we will be with Augusts men." Aspen finished.

"Everyone, get some rest and tell your troops the plan. We leave early tomorrow so be ready to leave at dawn. And, thank you all for your help" Aspen said, signaling the end of the meeting.

Maxon wasn't very happy hearing this.

"Why am I not going with you? This is my fault. I should be responsible for getting her out of there." Maxon fumed angrily.

"We need you outside. You're going to be leading the guy holding America out for the transaction and stalling for as long as you can. Plus, I honestly doubt she would want to see you at the moment, I'm sure you saw how she looked on video." Aspen said.

"But I-" Maxon tried to say but Aspen cut him off.

"I'm sorry Maxon but we can't risk it." Aspen stated firmly, ending that conversation and leaving to his personal quarters.

Maxon sighed and ran a hand through his hair. He was nervous about the plan but he was glad that America was going to be okay soon.

He went to the one place he had always gone when he was stressed, their special bench.

He sat down and calmed down instantly, remembering all their happy moments right here.

He remembered the first time they met was on this bench. When she cried and called this place a cage. She had felt trapped in here when she was a selected. I could never imagine how trapped she felt being not only trapped in here, but also as a completely different person for her family because of my father.

'Dont worry America, I'll make sure you get home safely even if it's the last thing I do.'

Everything had been set for the following day and everyone was confident with the plan. However America on the other hand felt as if it was going to be over for her.

She sat in a dirty room, hands tied and feet tied together. She had cuts all over her body and dried blood covered her arms and legs.

Her hair was greasy and matted down and she had a few bruises on her face.

The clothes she had been wearing were dirty and ripped. The once deep purple floor length dress was now a dirty and bloody brown color which was also now half ways up her thighs. You could say she looked as if she was about to die, or was already dead.