Chapter Twenty One

Warning: this chapter involves content that may or may not trigger you. If you don't want to read a kind of detailed death I'll say when it starts and ends.

Maxon pov

I just sat there. I couldn't think straight after listening to what she said. My head was swirling with thoughts all over.

'He punished her because of me'

'She could've died'

'She's acting like it's normal'

'Has this happened before?'

'How much has she suffered cause of me?'

'How could I have been so blind?'

But there was only one thing that I couldn't stop thinking about.

'What else is she hiding from me?'

I remember seeing a lock of red hair at the bottom of her head. Either it was stained with blood, or it was covered by a wig. Her real name may not even be Amelia Rène Sopher for all I know. She may not even be from Paris! She has so many secrets and suffered so much. And there's only one person to blame.

Father.

Just as I was about to leave my office and storm into his, I remembered what Amelia said.

"Please Please Please whatever you do, DO NOT tell him you know."

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, pacing back and forth.

'Its all his fault Its all his fault Its all his fault It's all his fault Its all HIS FAULT.'

"ARGH!" I yelled punching the wall. I continuously punched the wall, letting out all my anger and frustration until eventually there was a big dent. I breathed heavily and sat at my desk.

I will find a way to set you free from that devil Amelia, just you wait.

*Two weeks later*

America pov

It was the day of Kriss's execution. The day she will pay for all of her sins. And a warning to all other southern rebels out there.

Everyone from twos to eights had all filled the stadium where it was taking place. Even the previous selection members were here. And for those who couldn't come, it was being broadcasted over The Report for everyone to watch.

At the center of the stadium, there was an old-fashioned wood cuff that went around your hands and neck. Beside it, there was a bucket filled with water and a whip. Then there was a chair with wires all over it and a little farther, they were setting up a pole. Finally, there was a rope tied into a noose being held by a wooden structure with a barrel underneath it.

From the looks of it, it was going to be brutal. I was under strict orders from Clarkson not to engage like I had done last time when Marlee was down there being canned. I shivered at the thought.

Soon enough, everyone had settled into their seats and quieted down when the royal family -Clarkson, Amberly and Maxon- walked in and sat on their thrones. Maxon being in the middle while his parents sat at his right side. I walked up to the royal family and sat on the small chair set there for me by his left, making sure to curtsy beforehand. The cameras started rolling soon enough and Kriss was brought in by two guards.

She was still wearing that yellow sundress she had on the day she was caught. But instead of the pastel yellow, it was now a dirty yellowish-brown colour with tears and holes everywhere.