Chapter Fifteen

Maxon pov

'Mmm America~'  I thought as I kissed Kriss. I couldn't help it. When I thought of America, it hurt a lot less and it was more pleasurable then thinking of Kriss. I will admit that I don't love Kriss, she's like a little sister to me. It felt so wrong to do this. I'm sorry America.

I imagined her in my arms. Oh, how nice it felt. My hand started to wander from her waist as she deepened the-

"Ahem"

And that was all it took for me to jump as far back as possible. I had an unsettling feeling of guilt in my stomach. That guilt worsened when I saw who was at the door. But why did it worsen? I have no feelings for Amelia, and I'm married to Kriss. I shouldn't feel more guilty, but the pit in my stomach wouldn't go away.

'It's cause she reminds you of America'. oh, shut up brain! What would you know!?

I saw the hurt and shock in her expression for a split second before it turned into embarrassment and a hint of sadness. But why is she sad?

"I apologize for interrupting your uhm, session... but we need to go. Fix yourselves up and meet me in the car in 5 minutes tops." She said weakly and ran off before anything else could be said.

"And it was just getting good" I heard Kriss mumble and fix herself up. I didn't say anything and did the same.

Five minutes later, Kriss, Amelia and I were in the limo, on the way to the church. The place where I would be crowned king of Ilea. There was a new pit in my stomach, but it was because of sheer nervousness now, and the tense air in the car didn't do anything to help. I glanced over at Kriss to see her glaring at Amelia, and Amelia going through some papers. They were music sheets from what I could tell. My leg started bouncing up and down and I started fidgeting.

Oh dear, I don't want to do this anymore. I want to leave. Now. All of a sudden, I heard a very soothing sound. It was a tune I remember too well. America had played that song on the piano once, there was a talent show hosted by Gavril with the girls as the contestants.

My leg stopped bouncing and I felt at ease. I watched Amelia grab her phone and answer the call.

"Hello?" She said. "Yes, what is it?... What do you mean they've gone missing, they're desserts!? Yes... yes all right... hold on give the phone to Lar."

I couldn't hear the person on the other side, but I doubted it was good news. And who's Lar?

"Larissa please tell me that Jennie was kidding" Amelia pleaded.

After a while, she sighed. Oh, that's who Lar is... I wonder what happened? They talked some more before Amelia hung up and made another call.

"Hello? Yes, this is Amelia. Hey, can you please make an order for 20 dozen of the same dessert from before in say, 1 hour? Mhmm... yes apparently, they all disappeared... yea haha... all right thanks so much Lukas. You're a lifesaver." And with that, she hung up.

My curiosity got the best of me, so I asked.

"What happened?" Amelia seemed startled at hearing my voice. She glanced at me, then back at her paper.

"Apparently the desserts for the reception went missing. I had to place another last-minute order but it worked out."

"I see, are you ready for your performance?" She shrugged. "I hope so" with that the car fell silent again.

Soon enough we reached the church and there were only 20 minutes left. We were ahead of schedule so that was good. I have some time to relax. I went inside to see the church and wow. It was beautiful. The decor was outstanding.