Chapter Ten

Third POV

Kriss stormed up to us, anger evident on her features.

"Where were you!? I've been looking everywhere and couldn't find you anywhere!!! Do you know how long Clarkson has been waiting for you to arrive? Its been over 30 minutes Maxon, 30 MINUTES. Did you forget about the meeting about it?" Kriss exclaimed.

Maxons eyes filled with annoyance when hearing what she said. "No I haven't forgotten, I just don't want to go."

 "Don't want to go... Maxon this is such an important meeting, that will determine when we will have our first born child and you don't come because simply because you don't want to?" She screeched.

"Precisely." He ran a hand through his hair. "Kriss, we've been over this before. We've only been married for 8 months. Not even a year yet, hell I am not even king yet. What's the point of having a child this early. The only reason my father wants to have this meeting is so that he can have an heir. And besides, I know your ready to have a child but have you ever thought about if I was ready? What if I am not prepared to be a father yet. Have you thought about that? And with all the preparation I have to go through for becoming king is already stressful enough. I don't need to add a child to my already never-ending list of things to take care of. Let me get settled asking then we can discuss having a child. Ok?" He finished.

At this point, Amelia was completely forgotten about. She just stood a bit farther away from the arguing couple. Her heart clenched at the thought of Maxon and Kriss having a child. Even though she was over Maxon, that didn't mean she lost all feelings for him.

"How could you say such a thing, Maxon? Not only are you making me sound like a selfish person, but your also making Clarkson sound like he's a bad person and do you have any idea what I hav-" She was going to continue but Amelia had interrupted. They both turned there heads to her, just realizing that there was another person standing beside them.

"Hi uhm, so I'm sorry for interrupting your little... uhm.. argument, but I think you should take this somewhere more private because I'm guessing no one is supposed to know about this. Anyways... I'll be leaving you guys now so um.. good evening!" Amelia curtsied and was about to scurry off to work in her office if it wasn't for a hand that grabbed her wrist before she could leave.

"How long were you standing there for?" Kriss asked, eyes widened with shock, confusion, and worry clearly shown all over her face. 

"Uhm I was here the whole time... But don't worry! I won't tell a soul. Your secret is safe with me." And with that, she ran off before they could say anything else. 

Phew! That was a close call.

America POV

I ran off to my office and just as I sat down, I looked at the clock and thankfully I wasn't late. In fact, I was a whole 15 minutes early. Accomplishment! 

I tried to work but my mind wasn't able to focus. It hurt a lot thinking that Kriss and Maxon were going to have a child. It hurt a lot. My heart hurt and I couldn't breathe. I started to hyperventilate and ran to the balcony, pushing the doors open and feeling the cold air hit my skin. I felt the tears forming at the corners of my eyes. My legs gave out and I fell to the ground, sobbing my eyes out.

 " I miss you Max- on I miss you s- so-so much." I let out all of the pain I had bundled up inside for these past 8 months.

 After a good 15 minutes, I was all out of tears and stood up. Wiping my face and fixing myself up, I went into my office and closed the balcony door.

I couldn't feel anything as I worked. My eyes and hands doing all the work, but my brain was not processing anything that I was doing. After a good 6-7 hours of mindlessly working on paperwork, I heard knock on my door. "Come in," I said loud enough for the person to hear. A maid came in and handed me a note. After thanking her I opened it and it said to see Clarkson at 5 pm sharp. It was 4:50 right now so I stood up and made my way to his office. You would think that his office would be close to his assistants but nope. But I'm thankful for that.

Once I made it to his office I knocked and heard a voice say enter. Clarkson didn't look up as I entered. 

"Sit," he said and I obliged. 

I patiently waited for him to finish and once he did, but stood up and walk up to his filing cabinet, pulling out a big file. "As you know Maxon's coronation is coming soon, but I want him to be king as fast as possible. So I moved the date to next month. I need you to arrange everything for it. All the information you need is in the file so there shouldn't be any issues. Got it? I need all the preparations to be done within the next three weeks. Understood?" he said and I nodded.

 "Good, you are dismissed." I stood up with the file and was about to leave when Clarkson called my name.

 "Yes, your highness?" I asked with no emotion.

 "Just because I won't be king anymore doesn't mean you can reveal your identity. I have men watching you everywhere. One slip up and say bye bye to your family." He smirked, hoping to get a reaction. I didn't give him the pleasure of seeing me miserable and walked into my room.

I was done with today and I just really needed to sleep. I went to the bathroom and did everything I needed to do before flopping into bed. My back healed so it didn't hurt. And I was thankful for that. Just as I was about to fall into a deep slumber, there was a knock at the door. 

'UGH. WHATS A GIRL GOTTA DO GET SOME SHUT EYE AROUND HERE???'  I internally groaned.

"Who is it?" I yelled. 

"Uhm it's me, Maxon. You told me to come to your room, remember?" He said from the other side of the door.

 I shot out of bed. fudge. I forgot about that. I quickly put my hair into a bun and put my hood over it. Making sure no hair was visible.

"Why hello Maxon! Well uhm, can we talk tomorrow? I was about to get some much-needed sleep." I said keeping my eyes closed. I was too lazy to put on my contact again so I just kept my eyes closed. 

"It's really important though. I don't know if I can wait for tomorrow." He said a bit worriedly. I sighed. Might as well get this over with. 

"Come in" I muttered. I walked over to my bed and flopped onto it.

 "You can sit on the bed I don't mind," I said, my voice a bit muffled from the pillow. I felt the bed shift under me, indicating that he sat down.

"Uhm... so about what happened this morning..." before he could say anything I cut in. "Yeah yeah, I know. It's confidential, no one must know about this. I'll keep my mouth shut don't worry." I said sleepily. I could feel his stare on my head. I bet I took the words right out of his mouth. 

"You took the words right out of my mouth, thanks Amelia." He said. Called it.

 "Ok is that all now? May I sleep now if that's ok with you?" I asked, already half asleep. "There's one more thing, you were going to tell me why you were out in the gardens. I told you my reason so it's only deemed fair that you tell me as well." He said, voice full of curiosity.

 "I had a night terror. I don't know why it happened but it was horrible and I couldn't sleep afterwards. I love going out into the gardens when I have to clear my head so that's what I did. Also, I had some spare time. Its nothing to worry about " I said. Seconds away from falling into a deep slumber. 

"Can you tell me.what it was about? If you don't mind that is" he asked. "It was about my family and...." with that, I fell asleep. I felt someone caress my cheek and say some incoherent words. I didn't care though. I felt the bed shift and some footsteps, then a click.

 With that, I went to sleep.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

A/N: WHAAAT???! TWO UPDATES IN LESS THAN A WEEK WHHAAAAT!?!?!? Ok, so I had no hw for a while so I updated as quickly as possible so that I if I couldn't do it after I'll already be done now. Ur welcome :D. Ok, I go now bueee. 

Luv ya guyssss <3333333

{EDITED}

byeeeeeee

-H