Chapter Two

America POV

I was in the ballroom finishing my latest assignment.

Since the day Maxon was supposed to choose me or Kriss was only 2 days away, Queen Amberly assigned me to do food and decorations and Kriss to do invitations and RSVPs.

I had decided to use blue, gold and white decorations. There were blue and gold table cloths, white vases with white roses in it, and royal blue napkins. Everything was blue, gold and white themed, everything down to the curtains. For food, there was a large verity of food. There was Italian, Mexican, Chinese, Indian etc... Just as I was about to leave a guard walked up to Me.

"His Royal Highness king Clarkson has requested for you to come to his office immediately." The guard announced and my face paled.

"What? Why would he want to see me?" I asked wide-eyed.

"No questions are to be asked, kings orders," he said in his bland monotone voice, just like before.

'Why in the world would he want to see me?'

I wrung my hands the guard escorted me to kings Clarkson's office. Once we got there the guard knocked on the door.

"Enter." His booming voice was heard.The guard opened the door and led me in inside.

"Thank you, Harold, you may go now," Clarkson said. The guard looked surprised that the king knew his name but saluted and left right away.

"You wanted to see me?" I asked a little nervous.

"Yes, sit." He gestured to the visitor chairs, I did as he said.

"As you already know, the choosing ceremony is fast approaching us and we already know that Maxon is going to choose you. B-"

"What! He's going to choose me!?!?" I squealed in delight.

"Don't interrupt when I'm speaking Mrs. Singer!" Clarkson seethed and I shut my mouth.

"As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted, I won't allow it to happen. Did you really think I would let my son marry a girl like you? There are only two options I'm giving you. You either fake your death or you tell Maxon you don't love him anymore because you love that other boy what was his name? Arron? Alen? No... Aspen! That's it." Clarkson said sitting back down in his chair.

I was absolutely shocked. I could feel all the blood drain from my face. He was telling me that he would not allow me to marry the love of my life and the only way to make him marry the one person I don't want him to marry is to either fake her death or tell him she doesn't love him anymore CAUSE OF ASPEN AND HE THINKS I'M JUST GONNA LISTEN TO HIM?!

"What the hell is wrong with you? I'm in this competition so I have every right to marry Maxon and it's not your choice it's Maxon's so you can't tell me what and what I can't do!" I said angrily, raising my voice.

"PSH, did you forget who I am? I am KING of this country. I am the ruler, your ruler, I can do whatever I want and no little girl is going to stop me! YOU HEAR ME!" Clarkson yelled all up in my face.Once he calmed down and sat back in his chair and looked at me dead in the eye.

"I suggest you do as I say otherwise... there be a very tragic accident involving your family.." he smirked at me.

"What do you mean accident? You going to kill my family if I don't do this!?" I raged.

"Precisely" he smirked.

I had no choice. I can't let him kill my family. But I will not break Maxon's heart. I have no choice but to fake my death.

"Fine, I'll fake my death," I whispered teary-eyed.

"Very good, I want to make a deal though. Since your doing this, I'll make your death sound heroic. And I'll allow you to stay at the castle as my assistant. You'll be given your own office and everything and your parents will be given money for their ahem, "loss". Do we have a deal miss Singer?" He moved his hand towards my face, expecting me to shake it. I did. I don't have much of a choice now do I.

"Deal".

<><><><><><><><><><><>
A/N HI GUYS. Soooo how'd you like this chapter? I haven't edited it yet so I'm sorry if there are any errors. Thanks for reading I love u guys <3 don't forget to vote btw.

QOTD how's maxon gonna react to America's "death"? Leave a comment below telling me what you think.

-H