Chapter Three

America P.O.V

Clarkson told me the plan, basically when Maxon is about to choose the rebel alarm will go off, but there won't be any real rebels. Then after the attack, I will be on the floor with fake blood all over me and Clarkson will be behind me looking terrified. He will tell everyone how a rebel was about to stab him but I pushed him out of the way and ended up getting stabbed instead. When Maxon finds me and Clarkson I don't know if I'll be able to handle pretending to be dead.

I was in my room dreading for tomorrow to come. I was about to go into my balcony when I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in," I said loud enough for whomever it was to hear and it was none other than Maxon who came in.

"Hey," he said grinning like an idiot. I knew why he was here. Clarkson told me that Maxon would come before the actual ceremony to tell me I won.

"Hi. Why are you smiling like that?" I asked trying to fake confusion and trying to stop my tears.

"I have a surprise for you," he said leading me into the garden. I stood there looking at the beautiful flowers. We went to the bench where Maxon and I first met.

"So can I ask why you brought me here," I asked dreading what he was going to say.

"It's you," he said holding both of my hands, looking down then into my eyes.

"What? What do you mean?" I faked.

"Ever since we met, I knew you were different. I knew that you weren't like the other girl's. You were and are so much more. So America Singer I choose you to be the next princess of Ilea and my wife."

Maxon said looking at me, waiting for my reaction. I acted shocked.

"Me? No your lying" I fake laughed and forced a smile.

"Never" he laughed his forehead now resting on mine.

We looked into each other's eyes, leaning closer and closer. And soon enough his lips were on mine. Our kiss was soft gentle and sweet. I couldn't help it anymore. Tears fell from my eyes as we kissed. Maxon pulled away looked at my face.

"What's wrong America? Are You all right?" Maxon panicked.

"Don't worry," I plastered a fake smile on my face. "I'm just excited. That's all"

"Good you should be now you go get some sleep the ceremony is tomorrow and I want you to look your best," Maxon said pulling me into my room.

Once inside he closed the door and led me to my bed, giving me a hug. I hugged him back a little harder, knowing this will be the last time I'll be able to hug him. He let me go and kissed my forehead. "I'll see you tomorrow my dear. I love you"

" I'm not your dear" I genuinely smiled this time.

He smiled back and winked as he left my room. Just as the door closed I fell to the floor and Burst out crying. I couldn't hold it in anymore. He said he loved me. I'm so sorry Maxon. I got into bed and cried myself to sleep.

"I love you to Maxon" I whispered as I drifted off to sleep.

><><><><><><><><><><
A/N: CHAPTER THREE IS DONEEEEE YAYYYY. Tell me what you guys thought of this chapter in the comments. By the way, I'm gonna try to update regularly cause I have lots of ideas for this fanfic.

Luv u guys

{EDITED}
byeee <3

-H