Love Me Not ~ 9

Don't forget to vote/comment :) <3
-

Levi didn't do much. He occasionally hung out with Erwin and a few others he was friends with in high school. He mainly worked and did a lot of reading.

He actually liked his job due to how much reading it involved. That was probably what the rest of his night consisted of. He didn't sleep a lot. Maybe four hours at most.

The male decided to make some tea and take take Abelle to his room once she was finished eating. He set her down on his bed and started getting ready for bed. She curled up and watched him closely.

Levi finally climbed into bed and reached for a book on his night stand. Abelle perked up and moved to sleep on him.

Abelle was a spur of the moment adoption, but he did enjoy her presence.

-

The next morning Eren and Mikasa went to Armin's house. Armin's grandfather was happy to see them as always.

He let them in and they went straight to wake their friend up.

"Armin!" Eren opened the door, causing Armin to jump up and practically fall out of bed. His covers were knocked off, exposing him in his boxers.

"You guys are so lucky I don't sleep naked." Armin mumbled. He glanced at the time. "It's nine in the morning. What could you possibly want right now? I'm all for waking up early during school, but it's summer."

"Let me guess, you stayed up all night reading again?" Mikasa asked, raising an eyebrow.

Armin sighed softly and wanted to deny it, but the stack of books on his nightstand said something else. "Yeah, it's summer so why not?"

"Well, we have a story for you." Eren moved to lay next to his best friend in bed and watched as Mikasa sat on the foot of the bed.

"What's the story?" Armin asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Last night on my way home from work I ran into Levi." Eren started.

"And?" Armin asked.

"I don't know what Eren did, but Levi came home with him. He had dinner at our house." Mikasa said, watching as Armin sat up.

"What?" Armin questioned. "I wasn't expecting that."

"And he was acting kind of nice at the end." Eren added. "Which is so weird to me. He doesn't seem like a nice guy."

"He isn't usually like that." Mikasa said, looking at Armin.

"Do you think he feels bad for what he did to you? Maybe he likes you? There's so many possibilities." Armin tilted his head.

"I don't think so. I just feel weird. When he was nice to me and helping me I felt sort of giddy. My heart was racing and I couldn't think straight." Eren admitted, a light blush on his face.

"Eren, don't tell me you're starting to like him again." Mikasa furrowed her brows. "That won't end well."

Eren quickly shook his head. "No! I don't like him. Those feelings are gone. I don't know why I was like that."

"That's called being flustered and in love." Armin sighed. "I mean, if you really liked him years ago, I could see why you'd be falling for him all over again."

"Armin, don't say that. If I catch feelings I'm doomed. He's not what I thought either. I barely knew him remember?" Eren argued, sitting up.

"I have a feeling you're going to be seeing a lot of him." Armin said, getting up from bed and opening his closet. He pulled a shirt over his head.

"Yeah, I will be. That doesn't mean anything though. I'm trying to keep my distance."

"Hm, we see how that's going." Mikasa said, crossing her arms. "He was in our kitchen last night, Eren."

"Can we just stop talking about that?" Eren asked. "I don't have work today, let's go do something fun."

"Like what?" Armin asked.

"We could go to the pool or go to the zoo... hmm anything fun. It's summer." Eren shrugged. "There's so many different things to do."

"Pick something then." Armin sat back on the bed.

"I feel like if we were going to the pool we would've had to be out there at like eight in the morning to get good spots." Eren went through the different ideas he had. "The zoo would be fun, but it's kind of hot to be walking around like that."

"If we aren't going out I'm going back to bed." Armin lied down and pulled the covers over himself.

"No, get up. Go brush your teeth and get ready. We'll walk around town until we find something to do."

-

The group wandered aimlessly around town until around lunchtime.

"Let's get ice cream." Eren said, seeing a shop next to the bookstore he worked at.

"Good idea. I'm boiling." Armin said, following Eren into the ice cream shop.

Mikasa followed as well, sighing in relief as she felt the shop's air conditioning. "I forgot this place existed. Even though it's right by the bookstore we always walk right by it."

"Yeah, I haven't been in here in a while." Eren walked up to the counter. "Can I have two scoops of chocolate ice cream on a cone please?" He turned to Mikasa and Armin. "What do you guys want?"

"I'll have a hot fudge sundae in a cup." Mikasa said.

"I'll have a cookies and cream milkshake." Armin said.

The cashier nodded. "That'll be $9.80."

Eren paid and waited for their ice cream.

Once they got their ice cream they sat on a bench outside.

"What time do you work tomorrow?" Mikasa asked, eating a spoonful of ice cream.

"Closing shift again. Don't worry I won't bring someone home this time." Eren teased, licking at his ice cream.

-

"How was your night?" Erwin asked as he walked with Levi down the side walk. Levi was on his lunch break and with his job being close, they usually went to lunch together.

"Fine." Levi didn't want to get into details. He was still trying to understand why he acted the way he did.

"Just fine?"

-

Love Me Not - {riren au}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara