Love Me Not ~ 6

Eren had something else on his list to stress about. He was tired of it.

While Sasha was gone, he rang up customers and helped those that needed help finding a specific book. He was turned away facing a shelf when he heard the door open.

"Hi, how are yo-" Eren froze when he turned. There was Erwin Smith. To make things worse, Levi Ackerman was there. Levi only smirked to himself and stayed silent.

"Ah, new hire?" Erwin grinned as he approached Eren. "Nice to meet you. I'm Erwin."

Eren felt relieved that Erwin didn't know him. "It's nice to meet you too. I'm Eren. You're the owner correct?"

"Ah yeah, but I don't usually come in here and try to tell you guys how to do your jobs or anything. I'm just here for books or to make sure we're reaching certain quotas a few times a month. Just treat me like a customer." Erwin smiled and watched as Levi left and disappeared behind a shelf. He then turned to go after him. "Idiot, I wanted to go get drinks since you got out of work early today. Why are we here?"

"I wanted to get a new book, and watch your damn mouth I'll go home." Levi mumbled.

"You can go in the back and take what books you want. I'll change the inventory. I've even offered to order you whatever books you'd like. You also work at a publisher, can't you get them for free anyways?" Erwin asked.

Levi rolled his eyes and didn't answer of any the questions. "Why do you care?"

Erwin sighed and just waited for Levi to pick the book he wanted.

Levi took the book and got in line to pay.

There was a young girl in front of him, probably in high school. Eren was ringing her up and the two made conversation. He had a smile on his face the whole time. He was so pleasant and seemed so confident in himself.

Levi found himself watching Eren as he waited. He hadn't really changed much. He was cute though.

Once the girl left Levi set the book on the counter. He didn't say a word.

Erwin sighed. "Levi, I said you don't have to pay."

"I'll buy this book, and you'll buy whatever I drink at the bar. Sound fair?" Levi turned to Erwin, a smirk on his lips.

Erwin rolled his eyes. "Annoying." He mumbled and stuffed his hands in his pockets.

Eren scanned the book and bagged it. He looked at Levi. "Good book choice." He said softly. "Also, it's $10.89."

Levi took out his debit card and swiped it. "You've read the series?" He asked, surprised.

"Yeah, have you read the other books by this author? They're amazing." Eren was able to warm up a bit in that moment, but froze when he remembered who he was talking to.

"I've read most, but not all. I'll make sure to give her your compliment since I work closely with her." Levi held his hand out and waited for Eren to hand him the receipt. Eren was quiet once again.

"Have a nice day." Eren said, mainly to Erwin, who stood a few feet away.

"Bye, Eren." Levi said, turning and leaving with Erwin.

Once Levi and Erwin were outside, Erwin looked at Levi. "Did you know that kid? He seemed kind of familiar."

"Eren Jaeger. My cousin lives with him." Levi shrugged. "Not really much to it."

"Oh, he just looked at you oddly that's all." Erwin walked along the sidewalk with Levi.

"In high school that kid actually confessed he loved me or something. He barely knew me. Dumb kid. It's just interesting to see him all grown up." Levi shook his head.

Erwin chuckled once he heard Levi's words. "Ah, so that's why you were completely devouring him with your eyes."

"No need to be jealous, Erwin. We're not even dating." Levi mumbled, teasing his friend, walking into the bar. "Who are you to tell me who I can check out?"

Erwin followed his friend into the bar. Erwin and Levi had an on and off thing throughout college. It was never official when it came to dating. They still managed to stay good friends even after their college shenanigans. The two sat at the bar. They were good friends even with the history they had, and he didn't want to ruin it. "I'm just surprised you were eyeing someone fresh out of high school."

Sasha came back minutes later and approached Eren. "What did I miss?"

"Well, you missed Erwin coming in." Eren spoke as he rang up another costumer.

"Aw, really?" Sasha sighed. "Oh well." She reached under the register and pulled out a bin. It was all of the books people had brought to the register, but had changed their mind last second. "I'm going to take these back to where they belong."

"Alright, I guess I'll try and help some customers." Eren looked at Sasha. "I'm surprised you didn't grab food."

"Oh, I'll be back for that after I'm done putting the books away." Sasha winked jokingly and walked off.

Connie walked in for his shift and waved at Eren.

Eren waved back before starting to work again.

-

At the bar, Erwin was tipsy as ever. While Levi had only had one drink. He sat at the bar reading the book he had just got.

Erwin didn't mind it. Just being in Levi's presence was enough. That's how their friendship worked.

"We should get going. I'll drive your car." Levi held his hand out and waited for Erwin to give him the keys.

The two had carpooled anyways. He'd take Erwin home and then just walk home. It was close anyways.

-

Once the two made it to Erwin's apartment, Levi helped him to the door of the entrance to the building. "You think you can manage from here?" He asked.

"Yeah." Erwin looked down at Levi. "I'll be going." With the alcohol in his system he wasn't able to think clearly. He tried leaning in and kissing Levi.

Levi put a hand on Erwin's chest and stopped him. "Go inside."

Erwin wasn't phased and just shrugged it off. He turned to walk inside, but stopped for a moment when a noticed someone familiar walking down the street, the new employee, Eren.

-

Don't forget to vote and comment :)