Chapter 46 Winter and potions and transfiguration

In the potions class it was learning how to make the most difficult potions and why they are the hardest. Professor Slughorn said "The truth potion is the most difficult, you have to learn it if you want to be an auror who makes potions. The liquid luck potion is the most difficult potion because no-one knows where the potion comes from or when it was first made. The Elixir to Induce Euphoria is most challenging because if you do it wrong it could end up making the person hate you. But don't worry everyone the potion we are working on this term is Draught of Living Death." 

Everyone in the class sighed in relief. Hermione said "Is there a potion to help animagus?" Professor Slughorn said "Yes there is Professor McGonagal has the potion ready for your next class." Harry grinned so much that he stayed awake during the whole class. After lunch everyone headed to Transfiguration and were really excited. McGonagal gave everyone the potion. She said "This potion only transform you into your animal. After that you need to work on the spell to transform you back and that will be your homework for the Winter time. The spell is your animal kind and say Amato Animo Animato Animagus to transform." All the class drank the potion. Ron turned into a beagle, Hermione was a cheshire cat, Draco was a bearded dragon, Nevile was a salamander, Dean was an Irish setter and Harry was snowy owl. Which gave Mcgonagal the most fright and then the students returned and she said "Thank god that's over it was like a petting zoo in my classroom." 

 Hermione was amused of what she was and what Harry was and couldn't wait to tell Professor Snape. Everyone went to dinner. Hermione met Mcgonagal who was already heading to Snape's office. Hermione said "You put two and two together." Minerva nodded and said "I was instantly surprised and couldn't understand." They arrived at Snape's office and headed inside. Snape was surprised to see two people inside his office he asked "What's going on this time?" Minerva replied "Well during my class it was animagus and to my surprise Harry turned into a snowy owl." Snape was surprised and said "Well that is a shock I didn't see that coming, when Pablo returns he's going to be very surprised." Hermione said "I wonder why Pablo's patronus was snowy owl and Harry's patronus is a deer." Snape smiled and said "I am sure all our questions are going to be answered soon enough." 

The winter break was interesting. Harry went home with his brother Adrian, when they arrived Adrian went to his room and Harry found his parents in the kitchen. He said "I found out me and Snape are soulmates and something interesting is supposed to happen to me in September next year." James and Lily were shocked about the thing that will happen next year and asked "Do you know what is happening to you?" Harry replied "No I haven't got a clue and I found out my animagus form it's a snowy owl." James said "Wonderful, a snowy owl it's like the imaginary friend you had while you were growing up." Harry said "Maybe it's the owl I was supposed to own at the pet store." James said "Yeah it's unfortunate that Hagrid bet us to it ."

Then there was a knock at the door. It was Hagrid, he said "Well since Harry is graduating next year I've decided to give him this beautiful owl as a present since he does so well in my class." Harry was speechless and said "Thank you so much, she's beautiful. I am going to call her Headwig." James and Lily were shocked at the kind jester and said "Thank you so much." Lily said "Once you can transform into your owl you and Headwig can have a race together." Harry laughed and said "I can't wait."

All students returned to school, all sixth years were practicing their animagus every chance they had. Hermione was still wondering what's the big thing happening to Harry next year during Hogsmeade trip. She decided to go to Aberforth's Hog's Head Inn  Inn alone.