Chapter 32 harry first potion class

After Harry and his friends got settled into their dorms, Ron said, "Oh great! Potions first thing! I am useless at potions." Harry said, "Cool. Why don't we practice our answers? Because my dad said a potions teacher  will always pick on one student and ask them three questions. And it's the same three questions. They haven't changed one bit. Luckily, dad told me the answers." Ron asked, "How do you know you are going to be the one professor Snape picks on?" Harry answered, "Simple. I am going to be writing in class and not paying attention."
Everyone went to sleep and in the morning everyone had breakfast then headed to class.
Both Gryffindors and Slytherins settled down in their seats and Professor Snape marched in and said, "There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion-making. However, for those select few... Who possess, the predisposition... I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death."
Then Severus wandered over and saw Harry writing in his book and said, "Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not pay attention!" Severus said, "Mister potter, our famous wizard, I have a selection of questions my teacher asked my class on my first day. What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood? Where would you look if I told you to find me a bezoar? Lastly, what is the difference, between monkshood and wolfsbane?" Harry thought for a moment and said, "Well sir, my dad told me about that class and he remembers your answers to this day. He said that you said Asphodel and Wormwood make a sleeping potion so powerful it is known as the Draught of the Living Death, a Bezoar is a stone taken from the stomach of a goat and it will save you from most poisons. As for Monkshood and Wolfbane, they are the same plant which also goes by the name of Aconite." Snape grumbled and said, "Well done. Thirty points to Gryffindor and - mark my words - those are the last points I'll ever give a Gryffindor. I hope everyone is writing mister Potter's answers down on paper."
Everyone scribbled the answers down and headed off to lunch. Harry stayed behind and asked, "Sir, why did you ask those questions exactly?" Professor Snape said, "Well when I was younger my mother asked those exact same questions to me." Harry was intrigued and said, "Well according to Victorian flower language, asphodel is a type of lily meaning 'my regrets follow you to the grave' and wormwood means 'absence' and also typically symbolizes bitter sorrow." If you combined the questions a whole you are saying "I bitterly regret Lily's death." Snape said "Well done, Yeah I never understood why I would regret your mother's death because she's still alive." Harry had a thought and replied, "Maybe in another lifetime my mother did die and at the time you thought you're the one who caused it?"  Snape said, "Wow I never thought of that before! Have you seen the painting of the past professors?" Harry replied, "No, I haven't. Could you please show me on our way to lunch?" Snape said, "Okay let's go." They both walked together. Snape showed Harry the painting of Tom Riddle first. He said "Tom was a marvellous defence teacher." Harry nodded, "Yeah, I heard he's the head of the ministry of magic now." Snape said, "That's correct. The painting next to him is his brother; Pablo Jay Harrington. He was a great teacher." Harry looked at Pablo's painting then looked at Snape and saw a small smile and asked, "Is it true you and him had a child together?" Snape replied, "Yeah that's true. My son Daniel is a marvellous student." Harry was curious and asked, "How did it happen?" Snape said, "Well, Pablo fought in the great Grindelwald war and he got hit by an old Latin spell which means when a certain first year student turns sixteen he becomes your soulmate to help raise a child."  Harry was shocked and surprised by the story and asked, "Wow that's incredible, why did the student have to be sixteen?" Snape said, "It's how soulmate curses work. You can't tell an eleven year old that you're someone's soulmate and we're destined to be together. How would you like it if I said to you that you're my soulmate and we're destined to get married and be together?"  Harry was taken back by that question and replied, "Well I don't know, maybe you can't choose destiny or your partner. Who knows what the future will bring?" Snape said, "Very wise answers I like it." They both went off to lunch. Dumbeldore was watching in the background and thought, "Those two are so perfect together. I cannot wait until Harry turns sixteen and gets told the truth that he and Snape are soulmates."
After lunch it was transfigurations and Harry and Ron were late. Ron said, "Can you imagine the look on McGonagal's face if we just arrived now?" Then the cat on the desk turned into McGonagal and said, "What took you so long?" Ron said, "That was bloody brilliant." Harry replied, "We got lost." She replied, "Well get a map. I take it you don't need one to find your seats?"

After class, dinner arrived. Everyone had dinner and went to bed.
Then the winter holidays started.