chapter 14 tom becomes professor and dumbledore becomes headmaster

a/n sorry for the long chapter but I needed everything in this chapter.

For the next two years Pablo and Tom practiced everything they knew about defence against the dark arts. Pablo asked questions about how to steer children away from the dark side and how not to use these spells on a non defensive wizard, he even taught him how to use wandless magic as well. Pablo brought an aura to visit Tom and teach spells as well.

The auror taught some non-academic spells as well as how to disparate, which took Tom a matter of seconds to learn properly. He got his license quite quickly, the aura even taught him what his animagus was. To Pablo's surprise it was a Komodo dragon lizard, which shocked Pablo and the aura. When Tom returned he asked "Why are you shocked?" The aura said " Your animagus is a Komodo dragon, which is quite rare and I was surprised because I thought you might be an anaconda snake." Tom asked "But the Cobra is my patronus, I thought I might be that instead?"  Pablo said "Well you have a rare patronus and an even rarer animagus." Tom smiled "Olivander was right about me having an amazing gift."

Exactly two years have passed and now Tom was on the train going to Hogwarts for an interview, Tom asked Pablo "Do you think I am ready?" Pablo said "Definitely!We have practiced so much and you have learned the basics in wand-less magic, which is impossible and important." 

When they arrived at Hogwarts they both went to the headmaster's office. Dippet and Dumbledore were there Tom and Pablo sat down and Dippet was the first to ask the question, "What have you learned the past two years?" Tom replied "I learned a lot, I learned basic wand-less spells, I got my disapparation incense and I found out my animagus as well." Dumbeldore was impressed he asked "What is your animagus?" Tom gulped and said the spell that turned him into a Komodo Dragon, which shocked Dippet and Dumbeldore, Pablo just smiled when Tom reappeared as a normal wizard.

Dippet said "Your animagus is a Komodo Dragon! You do realise how rare these creatures are? Did you know that means in the future you can turn into multiple different lizards and snakes?" Tom replied "No I didn't realise that. Me and Pablo did wonder why we got an animagus certificate with multiple animagus' on it." Pablo was speechless and he thought of the time he was at the zoo with his cousins and then thought the snake could have been Tom and he didn't even know that and maybe the snake got killed and that's why Tom attached himself to the nearest wizard and it was Quirell. Dumbeldore said "I think you're going to make a wonderful professor, I would like to view how you take your classes for three years." Tom said "I am eighteen at the moment, can I wait until I am twenty-one and then teach my first years class?" Dumbeldore liked that idea very much and Dippet said "That's perfect because then it will be 1960 and Tom will do his three years and then it'll be 1963 and Dumbeldore needs two years of practice being headmaster before I retire in 1965." Tom loved that plan, Pablo also said "I will help Tom for five years before I am sure he's confident on his own."

1960 came very quickly, Tom planned everything perfectly and was ready for the first year students. All first year students sat at the desk and Tom said "Hey I am professor Riddle and I will be your defence teacher." One student said "You look very young for a teacher." Tom smiled and replied "Well I am twenty-one years old and ten years ago I was sitting where you are sitting." The student really liked the answer and so did Dumbeldore. Tom taught classes for the different years the three years were also special and the three years went really quickly.

Tom kept making Dumbeldore smile and Pablo was shocked how good he was with the students and how he treated every type of witch or wizard the same, he didn't care about their family background. Tom taught Regulus Black, which was something special for Pablo. He was thinking about how in a couple of years time his parents, and a group of wizards called marauders, would be coming to school and he got quite excited. This time round professor Slughorn actually got a picture taken with Regulus Black and he hoped to complete the set when Regulus said "In six years my little brother will be starting Hogwarts, I hope you'll be teaching still." Professor Slughorn said "Don't worry I won't be retiring soon." Pablo was also worried because the whopping willow tree was fully grown , which meant in six years Remus Lupin will be starting Hogwarts and Pablo was worried because his dad was part of the group and might see the shrieking shack different from his group of friends or taking Lilly to the place and both of them seeing different places from normal wizards.

He never thought of that being a problem because he was hoping once Tom got his job he would just stay at home until James and Lilly gave birth to him but now he's got a curse, which makes him stay in the school until a certain student turns sixteen.

Dumbeldore's two years of getting used to being headmaster were thrilling and he was extremely excited. Dumbeldore did everything perfectly and a Phoenix decided to be friends with the new headmaster which shocked Dippet. He said "Yes this school is in good hands, enjoy being headmaster." Dippet went home and enjoyed his retirement.

In 1965, when Dumbeldore started his job, he did a speech to the new students about the school and who the staff members were. Everything went normal and nothing interesting happened until the year 1970, where Dumbeldore heard about a young witch muggleborn and decided she would be the perfect candidate for a tour around Hogwarts.

Dumbeldore went to meet her and her family, he knocked on the door and Mrs Evans opened the door and Dumbeldore said "Good afternoon my name is Albus Dumbeldore and I believe one of your daughters does special things." Mrs Evans said "Of course please come inside." Dumbeldore moved inside and sat on the couch, Mrs Evans got her husband and her two daughters. All four walked inside and sat on the couch, Dumbeldore asked "Which one of you is Lily?" Lily put her hand up and said "I am." Dumbeldore smiled and said "Excellent! I am starting a new program for you because in my world you are a muggleborn, which means you do magic that your other family members can't do, only you can, and it's my job to show you the school and give you a tour and show you where to get your school supplies and teach you how to change your money into our money." Lilly was super excited. Petunia asked "Would the whole family get to visit your school so we can all know were my sister is going to school?" Dumbeldore nodded "Yes everyone is getting this experience." Dumbeldore said his goodbyes and said "expect me in August." Dumbeldore walked outside and went back to the school.

Three months later Dumbeldore arrived at the house again and took the family to Diagon alley to get school supplies and then went to the platform and explained where the wall was to walk through. It was nine and three quarters and they went on the Hogwarts train and when they arrived he showed them where the boat was for first years and where to pick up the carriages to Hogwarts when you're in second to sixth year. The Evans' were shocked at how beautiful the castle was and how well the students got treated. Dumbeldore showed them the main hall and explained about the sorting hat and told them how it tells each student what their house is. Then Dumbeldore introduced them to all the teachers, when they came to Pablo, the Evans were interested. Lily asked 'Dumbeldore, Pablo here looks only sixteen, how can he be a staff member?" Dumbeldore laughed and said "All the students ask the same question which is why during my speech I say Pablo Jay Harrington might look young but he's older than he looks, he's had a family curse." Pablo smiled and said "Yeah, I have been sixteen for sixty one years now which is amazing." Dumbeldore gasped and said "You've been sixteen for that many years? I didn't even realise, that's amazing." Petunia liked every minute of it and pictured everything perfectly and had a note book written down with all the things that Lilly would be learning. Pablo had to hold back when cuddling Lilly and not laughing at how different Petunia was. This has been her dream for ages and he couldn't wait for the following year!