Beach Day (Karamatsu x Insecure! reader)

For HiddenTrash

I let out a sigh as I stare at the pages of a fashion magazine. I was jealous of all the men and especially women who looked so beautiful and confident with their bodies. They managed to look so good without trying whereas I have to work for a good body. Even if I try my hardest though my body will never been seen as attractive in the slightest. I hum when my phone starts ringing.

I pick it up and answer with a hello. "Hello my dear y/n, how are you this fine evening?" I smile softly and cheer up at the sound of Karamatsu's voice. The man I had gained a crush on. "Hi Karamatsu, what's up?" I ask as I place the magazine aside. He hums and I could feel his smile through the phone. "I wanted to go to the beach and was wondering if you'd grace me with your presence and join me." He says and I pause with a hum.

"The beach huh? Why me?" I ask not meaning it to be heard "Well I already asked my brothers and they all apparently have something else planned." He says and I hum as I knew that his brothers were just saying that. I sigh and hum "Well..I had nothing planned today...Sure." I say and I hear the small cheer he gave. "Alright! I'll meet you there darling!" He says before we say our goodbyes and hang up.

I sigh as I glance to my closet "do I even have anything that fits anymore?" I ask myself before trudging over to the closet doors. I open the doors and start my search for a swimsuit.

With some luck I managed to find a swimsuit as well as a dress to wear over it. When I got to the beach I didn't see him yet so I just set my towel on the sand along with my tote bag. I took a seat with a sigh as I watch the other people walking by enjoying their time. I zone in on a few girls who had incredible bodies.

I hug my legs to my chest and rest my head on my knees with a sigh as I stare at them. "Oh here you are!" I turn my head and blush when I saw Karamatsu in a white tank top and his swim trunks. "Sorry if I kept you waiting." He says and I smile "it's fine." I say and blush harder when he set his towel down before removing his top.

"Well I'm going in." He says and I turn my head with a hum. I hum as he pulls me up "aren't you joining me?" He asks and I glance down. "No, it's fine. You go ahead. I'll just watch." I say and he hums "but that's no fun. You have a swimsuit on don't you?" He asks and I hum "yeah but I'm fine with just sitting here." I say and he lifts my head but I avoid his gaze. For many reasons.

"Y/n. Is there something you aren't telling me?" He asks and I glance away "y/n, look at me. Tell me what's wrong." He says and I look at him with a sigh. "I...I'm not comfortable with...My body...I don't like how it looks, especially in this swimsuit, and I don't want you to have to see how bad my body looks." I say and he hums but doesn't say anything at first.

I hum as he moves closer to lay his forehead on mine. "Y/n, I'm gonna be honest here. To me you have amazingly beautiful body and even if you didn't. That's not what I love about you. I love you for who are inside. Besides I prefer personality over physical beauty any day." He says and I blush harder but before I could speak "The y/n I love is kind, caring and very generous..even to people like me..So don't like those insecurities fill your head. Just know that I love you for who you are."

I felt my face turn red with blush as I stammer out an "o-okay....I..I love you too." He smiles and I glance away "um..can you back up?" I ask and he hums "you're too close." I say and he hums before wrapping his arms around my waist "I can get closer~" I hum and squeak as he pulls me close. I felt steam come from my face as my head made contact with his bare chest.

I push away with a squeak "Okay! I think I want to go in now!" I exclaim and he hums as I pull my cover up off. I begun to speed walk towards the water and I knew he was following. I squeal as I was lifted up into his arms "Nu! Put me down! Put me down!" I shout but smile and he hums. "Put you down? You sure?" He asks and I glance down to see he was in the water now.

My face drops as I turn back to Karamatsu. "Please don't drop me into the water." I say and he hums "Oh? Drop you in the water? Okay." He says with a smirk and before I could speak he drops me into the cold water. I squeal and whine "Why?!" I exclaim before giggling softly and he smiles before hugging me. "Just wanted to make you smile." He says and kisses my forehead.

I don't usually like going to the beach but thanks to Karamatsu I realized that beach days can be fun.

I need to go to the beach with Karamatsu more often.