44

Rachel

We get back to Chicago after the guys win the Stanley cup and they party for days. And when I say days I mean consecutive days with no sleep. Running on nothing but pure adrenaline and enough alcohol to last a normal person a entire year. The things that happen to that cup, well those are stories for the guys to share. Lets just say that thing has been through a lot of stuff and something crazy happens every time someone wins. But the guys were enjoying every second of being world champions, it had been almost 50 years after all.

As for me I finally get the all clear to run again. I couldn't wait to lace up and feel my feet pound against the ground with a sense of purpose. So with Jon out drinking still and me a little over the party scene since I couldn't drink I took a rain check for the night. I lace up my shoes and decide to run lake shore drive like I used to. Clear my mind for the first time in a long time and get ready for what comes next.

As I run I look around the city and I stop to take it in for a second. I see the CNA Center lit up with the Blackhawks logo on the side of their building, the Smurfit-Stone building had "go Hawks go" plastered on the side of it and the Blue Cross Blue Shield building had the famous "Hawks Win" on it. I smile to myself because this was one hell of a way to get back into running.

So I take a picture of this crazy scene and send it off to Jonathan. It wasn't a very good picture but he gets the point. I take a moment to see what this team had down for this city and I smile. That was pretty cool, what those guys mean to the people of this city and places elsewhere who cheer for them. Jons parents said everyone back home was cheering for him and I'm sure people who followed Hossa over the years were rooting for him and everyone back in Buffalo jumped for joy when Patrick scored that goal. Sports can change a lot in people. My dad cried when he saw the Hawks win the other night because he was a part of that organization durin the 49 years they couldn't win the cup. He knows what it's like to want something so bad and not be able to pull it off. Watching the team that drafted him and the team he reunited with become the national treasure meant the world to him.

After taking it in for a while I head back home. I haven't been there much because I've been following Jonathan around the city with the cup. The parade was tomorrow and then he had a few shows they wanted him on plus some stuff for ESPN he had to do. This 22 year old who just became the youngest hockey player in the Triple Gold Club and was playoff MVP and one of the youngest captains ever still had a lot of hockey ahead of him. He still had so much he wanted to do and I don't think there is anything that could stop him.

After running for a while I decide to go home. It's dark and this city might have pretty lights but I'm not trying to be in the next episode of taken. I can run but I can't run full speed quite yet and after the last accident I don't anything like that happening again. So I make it home and take out my headphones from the run. I see Jon sitting on the couch with both the dogs curled up next to him and smile.

"How long have you been home" I wonder as I go over to him. He looked totally exhausted as he laid up on the couch.

"To be honest, I have no idea how I got here or for how long. I just wanted to be home with you but you were gone" he whines.

"I was on a run, remember. I sent you a picture and you said "thats fucking awesome as fuck" then never said anything again after that" I giggle.

"I did" his eyes get big.

"You did" I assure him.

"Oh. Well all I remember was missing you so bring it in" he says opening his arms.

"There is not even enough room for you and the dogs let alone me too" I scoff.

"I don't care" he claims.

"I do. Plus I'm all sweaty from the run and really want to take a shower" I insist.

"Love me first" he demands.

"Shower first. And maybe you should join because you seem mighty drunk still" I accuse. I could smell the beer from here.

"You... are not wrong" he smirks. To be honest with you they started drinking before they left Philly and they haven't stopped since then. I don't think they will for a few more weeks either.

So I dig him out from under all the dogs and help him to the bathroom. I've been able to take showers for a while now but I still take a occasional bath because it relaxes me.

I make sure the shower isn't too hot because he hates it when I turn the heat up all the way. But it's good to relax muscles and I liked the burning sensation. But just for him I make sure it's hot but not too hot.

I jump in first because he had to figure out what he wanted to change into after the shower and I had been ready for bed since I woke up this morning. Finally he joins me and tries to put his hand in the water until he got used to it. Eventually he stops being a big baby and joins me. But he doesn't wash his hair or his body. He just wraps his arms around me before resting his head on my shoulder.

"What's wrong baby" I wonder.

"I've missed you" he claims.

"I was with you this morning" I remind him.

"I know. But with all the partying and the Stanley cup stuff I don't get to be with just you" he explains.

"Look at me" I say softly as I grab his chin. I make it so he was looking at me and only me. "It's you and me" I promise.

He smiles big before pulling me into a kiss. I happily kiss him back as I try not to let him slip through my hands. "Please tell me you're going to shave this awful beard soon" I beg making him laugh.

"As soon as the parade is done" he promises.