9

Rachel

Thanksgiving comes around and the Blackhawks come back just in time for the holiday. Though most of the guys, such as Jonathan, were Canadian and already celebrated their own thanksgiving, it was still a good excuse to hang out with each other.

So when Jeremy invited me to a late thanksgiving celebration with his family I was originally going to turn it down. He should spend some time with his family in the midst of this craziness. But Jon pointed out to me that I was family and should join them too. So once I blackmail him into coming to dinner with me I plan on what to wear and what to bring.

I pull on a pair of dark skinny jeans and a white sweater. I curl my hair and look in the mirror to make sure I was ready. I pull out the locket I had from my mom and smile. I look inside and see the three of us at one of my dads game. I was like 3 but I didn't have a lot of pictures of us together as you could imagine. So this was always precious to me, even though I can't ever have this again. That's what made this locket so special.

Once I was dressed Jonny comes over to watch me cook because he swears he will never be able to work in a kitchen. But that's okay because that's where I'm best. So I start to make some green bean casserole and mac and cheese for the dinner tonight. While my apartment isn't anything special the kitchen was pretty nice and that's all I ask for.

"I should have you come over to my place" Jon claims. "I have a really nice oven and six burners on the stove."

"And what would you do if you couldn't play with my dog while I cook" I tease. I see Bailey's head pop up waiting for Jonathan to answer.

"Oh right" he scoffs, "that would never work" he jokes.

I just roll my eyes as he joins me on the kitchen. He sticks his finger in the mac and cheese and licks it off making me smack his hand away.

"You can wait to eat like everyone else" I tell him.

"Okay, but they don't have to smell your amazing cooking all day like I do" he whines.

"I told you to come over at 4 then we can just drive over together... you've been here since 11 am" I remind him.

"That's five less hours I would have had to hang out with you and that's just a waste of time" he claims.

"Alright, you're pretty cute. I'll give you that" I tease as I grab a spoon. I dip it in the Mac and cheese and turn to Jonathan. He opens his mouth as I feed him like a child. I wipe away a little bit of cheese that didn't make it into his mouth as he chews his food. I wipe away the mess he made before setting the spoon in the sink.

"Have you always been good at cooking" he wonders.

"Pretty much. There's not much you can do when you're locked away in your tower like Rapunzel your whole childhood. But I've always had a kitchen around and I always liked to create things. I loved making things and experimenting with recipies. It's always been something I enjoyed" I shrug.

"You know what I enjoy" he asks as I turn the stove off.

"What" I wonder.

"You" he smirks and I just shake my head. He was just so goofy sometimes. He can look so serious but then he opens his mouth and it's the silliest thing you've ever heard that comes out.

Jon pulls me away from the stove as his arms wrap around my back. My fingers get tangled in the back of his cute light blue sweater as he presses my body against his. "What do you think you're doing" I ask him.

He just smiles as he runs his fingers through my hair. "I just realized that I haven't even kissed you yet" he claims.

"Oh" I gasp as my cheeks get warm. He chuckled at my innocent reaction but I'm no expert in the relationship department. I don't know if we were supposed to kiss by now or what?

"But I want to kiss you, really bad" he tells me.

"Oh" is all I say as I look up at him. He pulls me even closer as his eyes fall from mine to my lips.

He suddenly presses his lips to mine and I feel the muscles in my body tense up. The breath gets caught in my throat as he towers over me. Time seems to stop long enough for me to sort out my thoughts. All of them starting with "woah".

We eventually break apart but I don't loosen my grip on him. I hold him like if I let go I'll never see him again.

"Rachel" he says softly as he caresses my cheek with his thumb. I'm sure he can feel how warm they were in his hands.

"Jonny" I reply.

"I know you probably don't really want to be in another hockey relationship, but I don't want to do this without you" he claims.

"Do what" I ask.

"Life" he claims.

I just smile up to him and I don't say a word. I pull him down into another kiss and I feel his lips pull tight on mine. "So does that make us official or did I just put my heart out there for no reason" he asks.

"We can make it official" I assure him.

He lets me finish up with cooking before we go to my dads house. Tracy welcomes us in and I set my food in the kitchen. We still had a little before the food was ready so I head to the living room to hang out. Jeremy and his son was playing mini sticks on the floor so Jon and I join them. We team up and have fun getting carpet stains on our pants. But it was worth it to be a kid again and play mini sticks against my dad and Brett. It's a game you can play by yourself so I was pretty good at it. But I have to admit it's a lot more fun with other people around.

"Alright guys, wrap it up. Dinner is ready" Tracy yells out.

So I pick up the mess we made and Jon helps me. He moves in closer so no one can hear him.

"Did something happens between you and Jeremeys other daughter? Because she's been giving you the stink eye this whole time" he claims.

I let out a sigh a sigh as I shake my head. "She doesn't exactly like me" I explain.

I've known for a while and it wasn't hard to tell. From the first time I came here I could see that she didn't like me, I tried to talk to her but she won't talk back. She wasn't interested in having a big sister and that's nothing I can change.

"What?! Why the hell not" he asks a bit loudly and I shush him.

"She's daddys little girl and now she found out that she's not daddy's only girl. She doesn't have to like the fact that I'm here now" I explain.

"That's ridiculous, she's lucky to have someone like you to look up to. You could help her through so many things" Jon tries.

"She just needs some time. I knew this wouldn't be easy for everyone. Of course Jeremy wants me here because I'm his kid and Tracy feels bad for me and wants to help. Brett doesn't care, to him I'm just someone who plays with him and likes hockey like he does. But to Brandi I'm a threat. I just have to assure her I'm not here to take her dad from her" I explain.

"And how do you do that" he asks.

"I don't know. If you figure something out let me know" I tease.