43

Rachel

The Blackhawks return home for a few games and take a series lead back to Philly. It's a game six where they can win it all, if not then it's back here for a game seven for the ages. And while winning on home ice is preferred, I don't think the guys care much about how or when it happens, just that it happens. It's been a while since the cup was in Chicago but I think it's about time to bring it home.

But with it being a clinching situation Jon insists that I fly out with his parents for the game. If he wins he wants me there and I would love to be a part of this. My dad was already here as a announcer so if they win it all tonight it might just be the best night of my life. My fingers were crossed.

Before the game I hang out with Jon and his parents at the hotel. They go out to get us some food and I call Tracy who was dog sitting for us. After making sure the puppies were okay and everything was in line for tonight I get changed for the game and plop down into Jons lap. He holds me tight as I lean into him all curled up in a ball.

"You know I love you, right" he asks me.

"Of course baby" I assure him.

"And you know I'm going to spend the rest of my life with you, right" he wonders.

I turn to look into his big eyes as he looked down at me. "I wasn't so sure" I admit.

"Well I am. Because I sat there the other day after we got off the phone and tried to imagine a future without you. What it would be like to wake up without you next me. What my life is like without your amazing food. What I would do if I didn't see your smile brighten up the whole room.

And without you I didn't have a future. I had nothing. And I can't lose you because I don't know what's going to happen. Because I'm scared of the things I can't control. I need you in my life and not just as some memory or a reminder. I need you by my side every step of the way telling me how proud you are of me and making me want to be better" he claims.

I softly cup his cheek as I stare right though him. "Baby that's marriage" I tease making him laugh.

"I know I know" he smiles. "But that's still not for a while. Must I remind you that you're not even legal to drink yet."

"Age ain't nothing but a number. I've already endured enough hurt to last me a lifetime. And I'm ready for a few lifetimes worth of love" I say.

"When the time is right we will be married, I promise you. I don't want you to think it won't happen eventually but I need you to know that while you'll always be here for me hockey won't. That's why the here and now is focused on that. Then after I win a few cups and some other things then we can focus on just you and I. Not you and I and hockey" he explains.

"I'm okay with that" I promise.

"Are you sure" he wonders.

"Really sure" I smile.

Eventually it comes time for the game so we head on over to Wells Fargo center for the game. I had a good hockey feeling about this game being the one to win them all. It's funny how a whole season comes down to one moment and the two totally opposite sides of it. I'm just hoping I'm on the correct side.

We find our seats and sit down to enjoy a good old hockey game. There wasn't a lot of red in the crowd as you would expect but around where I was sitting it seemed like a lot. The friends and family section had no problem loudly rooting for the Hawks and their favorite boys as they set out to do something this organization hasn't done in almost half a century.

As the game wears on it gets more and more intense. This whole series was pretty close and there's been a few times I thought I was going to have a heart attack. But this group was special and there was a good mixture of fun and discipline on the team. They were exciting to watch but hard to root for because you never know what's going to happen. Jonathan has been consistent this post season with a record breaking 12 game point streak and having 29 points so far. He's had a great playoff run and I'm just hoping it ends with a cup over his head.

Throughout a tight game the boys like to keep it interesting. The Hawks scored first before the Flyers tied it. Eventually Philly took the lead before we took it back. And with just 4 minutes left in the game they pull even once more. It was exhausting really, this was a roller coaster ride of a game and the Flyers were fighting for their life after all. It was going to take a miracle for us to come out of this game with our sanity still in tact.

The horn sounds and three periods weren't enough to decide this one. Since it's the playoffs there's no 4 on 4 over time and no shoutout. The next goal that scores wins and it will decide the fate of these two teams. Will the long awaited drought be discontinued or will the Flyers live on to see another game?

They all come out for the first over time period and I have to admit, I was nervous. I was really feeling like this was the night they won it all but now I'm not so sure. The Flyers had all the momentum after tying it late and we were tired. I could tell. But the things about this team is that each guy had the potential to do something amazing.

Like Patrick Kane for instance. He's had many game winning goals and almost as many points as Jonny has had this post season. And he has a knack for the dramatics, always seems to make the right decision at the right time. He was a threat shooting and passing and I'm sure he's out there calling for the puck trying to make a little more magic.

He gets the puck by the left wing circle and does a few head fakes to shake a Flyers player. The puck attatched to his stick like it was on a string. Once the defender bites he shakes him and heads towards the net. Patrick has a few options and what makes him so special is that his decision making was so on point. He had sharp opening in front of the net and was looking like he wanted to pass. The whole time he was thinking shoot and so when the puck comes off his blade no one knew where it went. Time kind of freezes as he releases the little black piece of rubber then it's gone.

There was no whistle or goal light. No signal from the linesmen that's the game was over, just a frivolous Patrick Kane skipping down the ice tossing his things off like they were on fire. He makes it all the way down to the other goal before jumping in Niemis arms like a little kid seeing his dad for the first time after school. Some of the guys join them in celebration while the others were hesitant to call it a game. No one could find the puck, no one knew where it went. But after some searching and reviewing they find the puck tucked under the net meaning he indeed scored and this game was over.

It's not often you can celebrate winning a cup for the first time twice, but they did it. They jump into each other's arm thankful that this weird game worked in their favor.

After handshake lines and the trophy presentation we were allowed down on the ice. So I grab Andree and Bryan and we slip and slide out to Jonathan. He had the cup and Conn Smyth next to him taking pictures just smiling as big as ever.

As soon as his eyes meet mine he skates over to me before wrapping his arms around my back and spinning me around. He returns me to his feet before I grab his cheeks covered by his awful playoff beard. But we don't need to talk about that. I give him a long kiss as I hold his face close.

"I'm so proud of you" I whisper on his lips and he smiles.

"Couldn't have done it without you" he promises.