C.32

haerin were washing her hands on the sink. there were three girls there checking themselves out and wearing makeup dabbing some powder on their faces. haerin was about to walk out of the washroom until she felt someone tapped her shoulder.

"you're with nct aren't you?" one of the girls that had short blue hair asked. she eyed haerin from top to bottom judgingly. she had a lipstick in her right hand. haerin made a blank expression and she crossed her arms over her chest.

"are you deaf or you can't speak? answer our leader" the other girl said. haerin didn't answer and it made her mad. the girl pushed haerin's shoulder making her to take a few steps back.

she kept the blank expression on. "i don't get why nct are taking someone like you. you look.." the blue haired girl who she assumed as the leader trailed off as she glanced at one of her friends. "weak and not worth being in one of the top gangs" they continued.

"eh but.. nct's not that great anyways. they may rise in the gang ranks now.. they're still average" one of the girl said shrugging her shoulders. she had a smug look on her face.

the leader clapped her hands and nodded her head agreeing with it. something clicked inside haerin. the side of her lips tugged upwards forming a smirk. her eyes turned dangerously dark and the aura surrounding her were getting darker.

"oh? what's wrong with you?"

one of them suddenly threw a punch at her face. haerin's smirk dropped as she received the first move from the girls. she won't attack unless they did it first. she touched the side of her lip and winced when she felt a slight pain.

her eyes locked at the one who had punched her. cracking her knuckles she went towards the girl and pulled her hair before kicking her stomach. she punched her jaw and then her chest hard. she kicked the girl and she stumbled backwards. haerin dodged when she felt someone was trying to punch her.

haerin spun around and she punched the leader straight in the face with force making her body hit one of the toilet's door. the girl with a long brown hair moved quickly towards her with her fist clenched tight. the girl threw a punch but haerin swiftly dodged it.

gripping her arm haerin spun her around and threw her at the wall. she pulled her long hair and pushed the girl's head at the solid wall. a crack were heard. her nose were broken and small whimpers cane from the girl.

haerin smirked and she went to the leader girl and got a handful of her hair. pulling it upwards she glared the girl straight in the eye. she whimpered feeling scared and quite intimidated by her dark aura.

"who's the weak one here?" haerin asked and a light chuckle escaped her lips. she stood up and kicked her right on her stomach a few times.

"you should be glad that i'm not in the mood to kill you" haerin seethed out. "you guys should watch out what you're saying. or it may cause your life" she said and was about to kick the girl again.

she stopped when someone had held her arm pulling her away from the girl. she tried to get away from the strong grip and her eyes were locked with the girl that were lying on the ground coughing out blood.

"haerin!" upon hearing that voice she stopped struggling and look up to see mark. a wave of calmness washed over her. he cupped her cheek and examined her face.

"you're not hurt aren't you. wait your lip.. it's bleeding" he used his thumb to touch her lower lip she cringed at the sudden pain. mark look around the place and back at her.

"i'm sorry.. i'm bad at being a bodyguard" he mumbled. haerin shook her head. "i'm fine really. they were the one who attacked me first. and i hate that they were saying something bad about nct" she looked down.

mark felt like smiling. he went to grab her hand and both of them went outside. "i'm going to be dead if taeyong knew you're hurt" he let out a small sigh.

"he'll understand. it's just a small wound" she said reassuring him. mark smiled and he looked to the side making eye contact with her. anyone can think that both of them were a couple having somekind of a date.

"oh shit- haerin what happened?" both of them shot their heads at the voice. they saw a dark haired guy running towards them with a worried look on his face. he stopped right in front of her.

"why are you-- there's a- are you okay?" donghyuck asked concern laced in his tone. she smiled and nodded her head. "i'm fine" a sigh of relief left donghyuck's lips. he ruffled her hair and grinned.

"hey! hey don't do that" mark slapped his hand away giving him a slight glare. donghyuck rolled his eyes. "why? how come you can walk hand in hand with her and i can't even touch her" he huffed crossing both his arms over his chest.

"not on my watch" mark muttered. "you're just a bodyguard.. for today" the younger guy replied rolling his eyes in annoyance.

their shoulders jumped when they heard a loud gun shot followed with screamings. "what is--" before she could finish her sentence her hand were pulled and now the three of them were running towards the main entrance.

they saw taeyong and the others were running towards them with gun shots from behind. it was aimed at them. mark pulled her hand to where his motorbike were parked.

"haerin!" donghyuck shouted and threw her something small. she caught it and put the thing inside her pocket.

right at that moment she saw men in all black were shooting at them. mark quickly drove off. "what the fuck is happening" he shouted as soon as he wore his in-ear. haerin did the same thing. this time she didn't hesitate to wrap her arms around mark as he speed up.

"it's one of our rival gangs what else?" they heard taeil's voice. "and why are they shooting us?"

"ah that.. yuta got into a fight with one of them. thank you, yuta" now they heard eunbi's sarcastic voice. "your welcome" yuta muttered back.

"separate. we're going to have a car chase" they heard doyoung said and with that mark turned left. the others also separate their ways to confuse the enemies.

haerin turned to look at her back when she heard a a car catching up to them. it was a black ferrari. "mark"

"don't worry" she heard him as the motorbike began to speed up. "i'm going to protect you"