chapter sixty-five | changes.

MÝA.

"Mya." Silkk whispered.

"Mya, wake up." When he called her name again, Mya groaned and stirred in her sleep before opening her eyes but squinting them quickly due to the sunshine beaming through the bedroom window.

"What?" She answered.

"Your appointment is today, you can't be late." Silkk told her as Mya groaned and turn in bed, her back facing him.

"Can I rescheduled? I'm real tired, Vyshonne." Mya asked, slowly falling back to sleep.

"As much as I like to intend my queen's needs, you have to go in order for the baby." Silkk answered.

Mya rolled her eyes.

Being pregnant was exciting at first. Now, she's regretting it. But Mya don't want to seem like she is careless about her child. She is just tired.

"Come on, baby. Time can't stand still. Get ready." Silkk insisted as he got out of bed, causing it to move a bit.

It took her a few minutes and since Silkk wasn't nowhere in the bedroom. She thought about going back to sleep. Mya sighed as she got up, proceeding to get ready.

AALIYAH.

Inside of the cafe, Aaliyah sat in the booth that was right next to the bathroom. She took a sip of her latte and nodded her head to the neo-soul music that was playing.

After a few days of not responding, Shawn finally did and she wanted them to meet up at the cafe that's located in Baldwin Hills.

Noei is with her mom and she thought would it be another day she's going to babysit. Not saying she hated it but Noei is too much to handle.

Anyways, she hope she can talk and work things out with Shawn. She don't want to give up on this relationship they have. Despite the gifts and trips, she is blessed to have him in her life. He is so caring plus funny.

The door open and it rings as it indicated that someone has entered. Aaliyah lean over, seeing Shawn coming this way.

She fixed her dark brown turtleneck and ran her fingers through her to make sure she looked presentable. When he arrived, he smiled down and she stood up to give him a hug.

She inhaled his delightful scent. It triggered the memories the two had when they were in each other's presence. She pulled away, looking into his eyes as a smile spread across her face.

"How are you?" She asked.

At the same time, they unwrapped their arms from around each other. Aaliyah took a seat at her same spot as Shawn took a seat across from her.

Shawn got comfortable in his seat, folding his arms on the table.
"I'm good. Sorry for keeping in touch with you. I had other important things to attend to."

Aaliyah nodded, understanding.
"It's ok. Right now, I'm so excited that you're here. I've been thinking about you — actually? Us. I thought I did something wrong but, I have a question? Did I do something wrong?"

Her frown took over once her smile left from her face.
She was nervous but prepared herself for his answer.

"Uh, Liyah, don't think that. You never did anything wrong. You are a very beautiful girl and I enjoy your company ever since we met. If we're going to blame then let me be the one to say.."
Shawn stopped as he scratches the back of his head, looking elsewhere besides her.

Aaliyah knew right there that something is off.

"Shawn, what are you trying to say?"

Silence was now in between them, except for the cafés music and the indistinct talking from the people that were around them.

Shawn wasn't saying anything. Aaliyah grew impatient with him. She wanted to jump across the table, slap him left and right, just to tell her what's really up.

After a few minutes, Shawn shows signs and instead of answering by using words, he reaches into his right pants pocket.

Aaliyah furrowed her brows once the pocket photo was placed in front of her. The girl had medium tan skin, wore dark brown hair and a black dress.

Wait a minute? Ain't this Mya's friend? The girl I helped plan the party? Oh my god, Aaliyah thought as she was so disappointed.

"That's my first girlfriend, Aaliyah. I was with her while messing with you." Shawn explained as Aaliyah sucked her teeth, laughing and taking a sip of her latte afterwards.

"Aaliyah, I'm sorry—"

"Fuck that! Your ass ain't sorry for doing this to me! All this time I thought I was your first and now I'm seeing you were dating her while you were baby this, baby that with me?! Shawn, you ain't shit! I feel fucking dumb messing with yo playing ass!" Aaliyah scooted out of spot, walking past people who's eyes were planted on her.

She could careless cause if they don't think she did the right thing then they are wrong.

Aaliyah stormed out of the cafe.

She looks both ways before crossing the street, entering the parking lot as she went to her car that's parked by the black Chevrolet. It wasn't a long walk since she was in front.

She slammed her door after getting in. Starting up her vehicle, she put the gear in reverse as she backed up. She wish Shawn was right there. She wants to murder his ass for doing that to her.

Her heart goes out to the ex. Really. Aaliyah is not going to pretend that he had someone else. She told Shawn before they got together to be honest. That's one of the things she wanted in a relationship. But Shawn didn't show that.

She shook her head and quickly wipe her tears as she drive home.