chapter fifty-five | creepin or nah?

CHARLOTTE.

"Oh Charlie!" Charlotte directed her eyes from the TV to Aaliyah who was standing in the crack of her doorway.

Charlotte's eyes widened as she check her out.

Aaliyah followed her eyes and giggles

"Damn girl, where you going looking all bougie?"
Charlotte sat up but carefully since Noeli was sleeping.

"Remember that guy I told you about?" Aaliyah asked as Charlotte took time to think.

"Shawn?" Charlotte replied.

Aaliyah nods her head.
"Yes! He's taking me out to a elegant restaurant then we going somewhere else special." She squealed afterwards.

"Ok girl, I see you got yourself a baller. Unlike that old boyfriend of yours who use to take you out to those hood food spots and drive you around the neighborhood." Charlotte laughed, referring to one of Aaliyah's boyfriend.

"Girl, not every date has to be fantastic plus it was a thought that counts." Aaliyah defended as Charlotte waved her off.

"But you have fun and make sure you have protection if you two are going to break the bed." Charlotte tells her.

Aaliyah squints her eyes at her and laughs.
"Oh no, none of that. I'll bring you two back something."

"Alright pooh, see ya."
Charlotte waves before Aaliyah closes her door.

Charlotte wish she had a babysitter so she could go out. But she also don't have any friends like Aaliyah. Suddenly a lightbulb popped over her head as she turn around and grab her cellphone. She forgot she had Tyree as her friend.

TYREE.

T

yree was asleep in his bed when his phone starts to ring on his nightstand. His eyes open but squint due to the sun shining through his window. He rubbed his eyes and waited for his vision to readjust before grabbing his phone, flipping it open as he pressed answer.

"Hello?" He answered, scratching his throat.

"Hey Tyree, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have called you knowing you were sleeping." Tyree didn't know who voice it was until he realizes it was the girl from the other night.

He sat up in bed.
"Aw nah, you good. I just had to get some sleep due to me being up all night."

Charlotte chuckled.
"You a night owl huh?"