chapter forty-eight | rebuild.

As it was becoming evening, Mya just woke up from her nap

As it was becoming evening, Mya just woke up from her nap. She thought it would still be daytime, showing how long she has slept. She look at the clock on the nightstand as it reads 6:56. She rubbed her eyes and look over her shoulder at Silkk.

He looked so cute with mouth wide open and the way he is position looked like he was dancing. She giggled and pull the covers over him before going to the bathroom then going downstairs.

"Girl, I thought you were gone. It is so quiet in this house."
Mya said as she spotted Beyoncé sitting at the island, inside of the kitchen.

She opened the fridge and grabbed the lunch meat as she begins to make her a sandwich.

Beyoncé laughed.
"I wish I had somewhere to go."

Mya laughed with her.

Suddenly, the doorbell ringed.
She furrow her brows at Beyoncé who also wondered who was coming by this late.

She stopped what she was doing and walked to the front door.
"Who is it?"
Mya asked.

"Your second mommy, Mary."
Mary answered as she sang.

Mya gasped and instantly unlocked the door.
There stood Mary as she smiled, holding her arms out.

She walked up to her and gave her a tight hug.
Even though they saw each other yesterday, she had to give her one due to her having such strong belief.

"What did I tell you? God will never give up on you."
Mary pulled away as she looked at her.

Mya reentered the house and stepped aside to let her in.
Before she could close the door, someone shouted following the sounds of running.

Mya peeped her head from behind the door as she saw her mother.
In seconds, her mood transitions.

"Now, I know you two aren't on good terms but can you please try and work things out?"
Mary pleaded.

Mya grimaced at her mom who was now standing in front of her.
"After what she did? I don't think so."
Mya shook her head, storming back to the kitchen.

"Mya, don't do this. We didn't drive all the way here for you to treat her like this."

Mya turn swiftly around and looks at her mother.
"Now she knows what Karma feels like. I tried to make her happy. No matter how many times, she still isn't satisfied. I'm not about to waste my time again, being oh so perfect."

The look on Mary's face was stunned. Mya said what she said and she was tired of it. She doesn't even care that her mom wants to rekindle things with her. She got a feeling that it is another trick to break her and Silkk up. But little did she know, it wasn't true.

Before Mary could continued, Sonia steps up and finishes.
"Sweetie, I know I have made some mistakes. I'm sorry. I really am. I should have been a better mom and let you be with someone who really deserves your heart."
She sighed then continues.

"I just didn't want him to hurt you like bizzy did."

Mya rolled her eyes then scoff.
"Or you was just jealous cause I had someone who made me happy and really loved me. No need to lie, mama. I know you were using my enemies to tear down my happiness. Admit it, you can't stand it."

"Ok! Ok! I can admit that I was jealous. I shouldn't have blame you for that but blame myself cause I thought your father would be faithful to me. I thought if I would have been so perfect, he would never cheat on me again. I was wrong. I shouldn't have my emotions get the best of me and lash out on you like that. I'm learning from my mistakes and I want to do better."
Sonia slowly walk towards Mya.

Mya still held that cold look on her face, wishing she would show any signs of sympathy.

"I came over here after having an conversation with Mary. I apologize for what I said about her and her daughter then plan on working things out with you. I thought you would be ok but looks like you're not. But still, I'm really, really, really sorry. You are my daughter, Mya Marie and I want us to have that relationship again."
Sonia sobbed.

Mya looked away, feeling her eyes watering up.
She wouldn't bulge and fall for her trap but seeing that she is serious, she had to give her another chance. Just like what Silkk said.

"Ok, ma. I forgive you."
Mya accepted.

Sonia pulled her in for a hug and sobbed uncontrollably.
She can feel her shirt getting wet by her mother's tears but who cares.
Her and her mom are now the mother and daughter they use to be.

"Oh, My-my, I love you so much. I'm going to do better for me. For us."
Her mom said in between sobs as she pulled away.

Mya smirked a bit, nodding her head.
"I believe in you. We got this."

Sonia smiled and kissed her daughter on the cheek.

For the rest of the evening, Mya and her mom talked as they were bonding with each other. It feels like they are strangers who are becoming friends but as soon as they got close. It wasn't like that.

Mya and her mom are on their way to rebuild.

What are your thoughts on this chapter?

Do you accept Sonia's apology? If not, why?
If you do, why?

Let me know in the comments.

There's more to come! I have so many chapters to write. I owe you guys lots of love updates. ❤

Lots of love, Deanna/Dee.