chapter forty-seven | a promise.

At the hospital, Mya sat at Silkk's bedside as she watched him rest. They were in commute for the longest but she is glad that the receptionist allow her to see him.

He just got out of surgery. The doctor said the bullet hit his left shoulder bone. He wouldn't be able to move his shoulder for a long time. Besides, he survived and that was music to her ears.

She was currently resting in the chair until she awakened by a groaning sound followed by her name being called.

"Yeah?"
She sat up, answering in a raspy tone.

Silkk smiled which made her get up and attend his side.
She caressed the side of his face.

"How are you feeling?"
She asked.

"I'm in bit pain but better now I'm seeing your beautiful face."
He answered, making her smile.

She placed a kiss on her lips and hugged him, being careful of his shoulder.

"You know, I thought it was going to be my last day on earth. I'm glad God gave me a second chance."
Silkk spoke.

Mya's eyes start to water.
"I'm glad he did. I don't know what to do with myself if you were gone."
She pulls away, looking into his eyes.

"You mean so much to me, Vyshonne. I am sorry for hurting you in the past. I promise that I will be the best girlfriend."
She apologizes, tears rolling down her cheeks as she sobs.

"Baby, you don't have to apologize. We're humans. We make mistakes and we're going to do better. If I can get a second chance on earth, I know we can get a second chance on this relationship. You are my world, Mya. You are already the best for me."

His words made her feel so special. Despite what happened in the past, he still forgave her and want to work things out. Mya means so much to him. He can't imagine himself with someone else.

Since it now morning, Mya went out of his room and to a nearby telephone as she called Beyoncé. Instead of giving him cafeteria food, she got him a breakfast from Roscoe's. She sat by Silkk's side as they talk until a knock interrupted them.

"Hi! How's bighead?"
Beyoncé greeted as she walk with a plastic bag of food.

"I'm surprise to see you not blind by the daylight."
Silkk clap back.

Beyoncé perched her lips and playfully his foot as she gave the bag to Mya before taking a seat next to her.
"What the doctor say?"

"She said he wouldn't be able to move his left shoulder due to the bullet hitting there."

Beyoncé's mouth formed into an o.
"All jokes aside, it's good to see you better."

Silkk nodded.
"Same here."

Mya and Silkk begin to eat their food while Beyoncé watches TV.
Mya helped Silkk since he isn't use to using his right arm. Even if may seem like he didn't want to be treated like a child, he actually appreciates her help.

"Thanks, pooh."
Silkk said while chewing on a piece of chicken.

"You're welcome."
She smiled.

"Surprise!"
Romeo and Solange exclaimed in unison as they threw confetti at Silkk when he entered the house with Beyoncé and Mya behind him.

He laughed as he held up his right arm, giving both of them a hug.
"Welcome home, unc."

"Welcome!"
Solange beamed.

"Wassup shorties, I appreciate this lil' surprise y'all put together."
Silkk nodded his head, smiling at the two.

"It would have been better if she didn't burn the cinnamon rolls."
Romeo cut his eyes at Solange.

"Me?! You the one that told me to put em on for you!"
Solange defended.

"But I told you to watch them while I make eggs!"
Romeo defended back.

"Make eggs?"
Solange scrunched up her face, glancing at his feet.
"Shoot, I thought that was your feet smelling like that. You need to get that checked out."

Once she said, they started arguing. It lasted long until Beyoncé got in between them to cease it.

"Hey! Y'all stop! It doesn't matter with what happened, go clean up."
She ordered.

They groaned and turn around as they went in the kitchen.
"I see we got another version of y'all two."
Mya joked, referring them as Beyoncé and Silkk.

Beyoncé chuckled.
"I'm about to watch these two. Just in case if they start brawling."
She walked off, leaving mya and silkk in the foyer.

They went inside the living room and sat on the couch.
Mya looked at Silkk as his eyes were focusing on the foyer.

She knew he was thinking about what happened yesterday. It left him traumatized but she believe he is going to get over it.

She tapped on his thigh.
Silkk snapped out of his daze and turn his towards her.

A smile appeared on his face.
"It's going to be alright. I will never broke my promise to you."

She kissed his forehead and laid her head on his lap.

Wow, wow, wow! I don't know how long it has been since I've updated movin on. But I'm glad I published a chapter. I know you guys were waiting for a chapter and there's more to come!

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter.
Let me know what you think in the comments.

There's more to come.
Lots of love, Deanna/Dee.