chapter fifty-three | how do you treat a broken heart?

Leonard drove home with a smile plastered on his face. He just came from his daughter's boyfriend house and it went great. He got to spend time with her plus met her boyfriend. He went to the bakery then the flower shop where he got Sonia her favorite flowers which are sunflowers.

He thought since the two were now on good terms, it would be the perfect time to refix where they left off.

Entering the home, Leonard heard the sounds of r&b music following laughter coming from upstairs. He furrowed his brows as he listened closely. He hope his guess was that she was watching a movie. His son or niece wasn't nowhere in sight. She must be having alone time.

When he got closer to the door, he placed his hand on the knob and slowly open the door. His jaw dropped when he saw Sonia laying in the bed with another man.

His heart was broken into two.

"Sonia?"
He whispered, hoping this wasn't happening.

Sonia looked away in shame as the guy continues to stare at him.
"Who's this?"
He asked.

Leonard's mood quickly changes. He dropped the flowers and folded his arms across his chest, feet tapping roughly on the floor.
"Yeah, who I am?"
He repeated. His voice may be masked with anger but it cracked as there were tears forming in his eyes.

Sonia didn't bulge. She knew if she looked at him, it would be over. Little did he know, she actually wasn't planning on getting back. She wanted him here for Mya and nothing else. Leonard thought too far.

"I can't believe this. I thought we were working on our relationship for us! For this kids, Sonia?!"
His voice boomed throughout the house, tears running down his face.

After what it seems like forever to her, Sonia finally got up but didn't explained as she walked to the bathroom. Leonard sobbed. He had gotten his hopes so high that it came crushing down.

"I suggest you leave before it gets ugly."
The guy suggested as he also got up, the covers sliding off of his nude body.

He glared at him for a few minutes before turning away to walk off to his guest room and begin to pack.

Even though it wasn't his time to leave, he didn't mind staying at a hotel. He had to quickly get away before his emotions get worse. He loves Sonia so much. While he was away, he had thought about it and want to not only come to LA to see his daughter for her birthday but to get back together with Sonia. All that time he wasted as he daydreams about it, he still can't believe that it had to come to this.

Leonard rushed downstairs with his suitcase. He would expect Sonia to change her mind and come running afterwards. Since she is so into that ginuwine looking guy, she didn't bother. He wiped his eyes as he walked out of the house.

He roughly open up his door and threw his suitcase in.
Slamming it shut, he got in the drivers side as he did the same thing.

Tears continue to pour out of his eyes like waterfalls. He started up the car and place his head on the steering wheel, beginning to sob in a ugly way.

Inside of the 24 hour restaurant, Leonard sat in a booth as he sniffled while looking at a wallet picture of Sonia.

It was going to be hard to get over her. He tried to forget about it and wanted to move on but the memories kept coming back, making him wish he had that chance.

He kissed the photo and resume crying until...
"Excuse me?"
A soft voice called causing him to stop in the middle of his sobbing.

He looked up, meeting the face of a women's.

She smiled then instantly realized his face was drenched in tears

"Are you ok?"

Leonard grab a few napkins and wiped his face, shooing the Lady away.

"I'm fine, I don't need any comfort."
He gritted through his teeth.

"Well excuse me for being concerned, I'll leave you alone."

It wasn't right for him to snap on people who didn't do anything to him. He had to think about his actions before turning around to get her attention as she was almost out of the restaurant.

"I apologize for my behavior. That isn't my character."
The lady smiled a bit, nodding her head.

"It's ok, I should have left you alone knowing you didn't want to be bothered."
She chuckled.

The two took a seat at the booth.
"If you don't mind me asking, what happened?"
She asked.

Leonard look down at the table as the thought of Sonia laying in the bed with a guy played in his mind.

He snapped out of thought when he saw her hand on top of hers.
"Whatever happened, I know it's going to be alright."

Leonard dared himself not to cry. He cried so much, his eyes probably had enough of producing any more tears. He nodded his head and gave a small smile.
"See, I know you were going to believe me."
She chuckled.

"I'm Valencia, by the way."
She introduced.

"Leonard."

Aww, poor Leonard's heart has been broken.

What are your thoughts?

Did you ever expect them to get back together?

Don't be afraid to share your opinions in the comments.

There's more to come and I hope you guys enjoy!

Lots of love,
Deanna/Dee. 💜