chapter forty-nine | out of harm's way.

Elsewhere.

While Charlotte was packing the last of her belongings, Aaliyah entered her room with Noeli on her hip. She can't believe this is the day. Charlotte has been thinking to move out since Free has went to prison.

She thought it would be best for her and her daughter's safety to leave before Free escapes then will find them and kill them. Her mind hasn't been right since, no matter how many times Aaliyah tries to clarify.

She was going to miss them so much. She hope they're moving across town but if not, she can always stay in contact and have memories of them.

Charlotte tapped close her box as she stood up and wipe the sweat beads that formed on her forehead. Turning to the side, she was slightly frightened but it's only Aaliyah and her daughter.

"We scared mommy, auntie."
Noeli giggled as Aaliyah joined her.

Charlotte shook her head and walk towards them, gently grabbing her from Aaliyah.

Aaliyah watched as she put on her shoes.
"You sure you ain't making a big deal out of this?"

Charlotte stopped and turn her head, furrowing her brows.
"What are you talking about? Do you know how dangerous that girl is?"

Aaliyah rolled her eyes.
"She has been sentenced to life. That girl ain't going nowhere!"

Charlotte shook her head.
"I don't care, it isn't going to change my mind."
She picked up her daughter and storm out of the room.

Aaliyah follows.
"I have my baby's life to protect. I have my life to protect. If we stay here any longer, we would be like her victims."

Aaliyah snickers.
"I wish you could hear yourself, Lo. You are tripping. Overly tripping! I keep telling you the girl is in prison and you think that she is after you or something."

"Aaliyah, you are a dumbass. I'm sorry. But I know her and I know she is probably wandering the streets of LA with a machete in her hand."

Aaliyah laughed again and waves her off.
"Ok, lo. Go ahead and believe that shit. You're the one who's going to be the dumbass when you find out I'm right."

Aaliyah walks up to Charlotte and gives Noeli a kiss on the cheek.
"Auntie, loves you."
She smiles before switching her eyes to Charlotte, not saying anything as she shook her head and walks off.

She didn't have the time to go back and forth with her. If she wants to believe that, let her. She will find out sooner or later but now Charlotte has to leave before something bad was about to happen. She didn't know where she is going to go but she thinks her and her daughter would have to stay at a shelter.

"Tyreee!"
Jamya sang as she called his name throughout the house, her heels were clicking towards the living room.

Tyree was laying on the couch. He was watching a basketball game.

"Tyree!"
Jamya called his name again, gaining his attention.

His eyes widened as he look his girlfriend up and down.
She followed his eyes, smiling.

"You like what you see?"
She teased, winding her hips a bit.