chapter forty-four | surprise? • part two.

Chapter 44

"Bryon, why are you calling me?"

Mya asked, not surprise to hear his voice.

"What's with the attitude, I can't wish you a happy birthday?"

He was confused on why she got to give that voice. He didn't do nothing else to her besides messing up her relationship with Silkk. He is sorry for it and want to make things easy for them. But he sees she still hasn't got over the past. 

"I appreciate it but answer my question."

She was suspicious that he is calling for something else other than wishing a happy birthday. He might be calling to tell her another lie. Mya made it clear that she didn't want nothing else to do with him after what happened. She feelings for him before but they are starting to fade away. Not only did he ruin her relationship, he ruin the trust she had for him. 

"Okay since you insist me telling you.."

Bizzy started off before taking a deep breath.

It was moment of silence. He hesitated to tell her the real reason why he called. He hated to lie and say something that would make her hangup. He just wanted to hear her voice again. 

"Bizzy?..."

Mya called his name. They have been on silent for a minute and she was starting to get worried. From behind the phone, she could tell that he was having a hard time. Maybe it was rude for her to answer the call like that. She thought since he didn't respond, he was hurt. She couldn't stay mad at him until they were old and grey. She wants to be mature by answering him correctly.

"I'm sorry for answering the phone like I had no manners. Looks like I am still upset at what you did."

Mya apologized.

Bizzy nodded his head as she could see him.

"It's all good, I suddenly went into a daze. I should call you back later."

Bizzy assured.

"No, I don't mind you staying on the phone with me. How are you doing?"

Mya reminded him that he didn't have to hang up. The conversation was starting to get awkward and she has found a way to change it. 

"Oh, aight, I'm doing well. You?"

Bizzy was confused at where this conversation was heading to. It may seem like Mya is doing the good thing, he felt that she didn't have to try and patch things up. This is the reason why he wanted to hang up. He actually called her cause he missed her. The feelings that he has for her, didn't go away. 

"I'm good, I am eighteen now!"

Mya cheered.

Bizzy smirked.

"That's good to hear."

He replied in a low voice.