chapter seventeen • savanna's funeral/jealous.

Enjoy!

Half of this chapter may contain emotional scenes.

Chapter 17

MYA

Mya was awakened from something that is poking her leg roughly. She fluttered her eyes open and notice her vision was blurred, she use her hands to rub them making it clear for her to see. When she turn around, she notice Silkk was gone and found herself in a bedroom, not the living room.

She scrunched up her face in confusion, wondering how she got up here.

"Was I sleepwalking?" Mya asked herself.

"No, but Silkk brought you up here, he had to leave." Beyoncé responded causing Mya to slightly jump when she saw her standing in front of the bed.

"Is he coming back?" Mya asked, sad that he had to leave.
She hope that he come back soon.

Beyoncé nodded her head 'yes' and took a seat on the bed, next to Mya's feet. "He's going to be at the funeral."

Mya's eyes went large. She didn't know that today was the funeral of her best friend, Savanna.

She's thinking about not going.

"It's today?!" Mya surprisingly asked.

Beyoncé nodded her head repeatedly, looking at her. "Yeah, I just got off the phone with your mom, I don't know how she got my number?" She asked chuckling but curious to know how she got it.

Mya look shyly away and ended up giggling. "I have gave it to her, just to find another way to contact me."

Beyoncé nodded in understanding. "By the way, how did it go?"

"With my mom? It was good but rest of it?" Mya said, shaking her head.

"Didn't end well, huh?" Beyoncé asked.

"She said some things that left me upset, like, she was the one who invited Cerita? Bizz-"

Beyoncé cut her off. "The one who wears the dark lipstick?"
Beyoncé asked, wondering if that's the girl she was talking about.

At school, she only saw Cerita once and that's when the fight had happened.

Mya rolled up her eyes upward to think if that was her, her eyes went back to Beyoncé and she nodded. "Mhm, her, she's Bizzy ex." Mya continued, explaining to Beyoncé about what happened with talk between her and her mother.

Beyoncé listened to her and couldn't believe how petty her mom was for doing that. But she is glad to hear that the two finally made up after all those years of not speaking.

"I'm still happy that we are close again." Mya smiled.

"Same here, that's your mom, and you are going to need her."
Beyoncé told.

Mya nodded and change the subject.

"So, you and Shawn?" Mya teased, bowing her head as she wiggled her brows, giggling.