chapter fifty-seven | mama mya.

MÝA.

"Come again?" Solange asked.

Mya rested her back against the bathroom door as she stares at the ceiling, wiping her eyes. "I'm pregnant, Solo." Mya repeated.

She stared at the test that rested on her lap. It was positive and she wishes she can change it to negative. At first, Mya thought her symptoms would be from period but she never threw up at the smell of chicken, which she finds odd.

While she was out, she went to the pharmacy and purchases a pregnancy test to make sure. The results to her felt like it was the end of the world.

"Oh my God, congrats?" Solange was unsure. She was indecisive to where she don't know if she should be happy or sad for her.

Mya is sad obviously. She is only eighteen. She isn't sure if she is fit for a mother.

"Are you going to tell Silkk?" Solange ask.

Mya came back into reality as she sighs.
"I don't know, I'm thinking about keeping this a secret from him. I hate to abort this baby."

"Hold on, you're thinking too fast. Take your time and you know when you're ready. Ok?" She can tell Solange was smiling at the end of the line as she encourages.

Mya smirks a bit as she nod.
"Ok, I'll do that."

"Good. Cause if you're thinking about keeping the baby, I'm going to be an cousin." Solange jokes as she made Mya chuckle.

"How's your sister doing? I haven't heard from her since last week."
Mya ask.

"Beyoncé isn't doing too good. Shawn came over and I'm assuming their relationship ended." Solange replies.

"Wow, but they were so cute together and she really looked happy to be with him." Mya said.

"Right? I don't know if she will be able to get over this, but I'll be there for her." Solange nods.

"You're a good sister, besides being a pain in her neck."
Mya laughs.

"I'm changing though. Taking my time everyday to control my tongue." Solange prided.

"Keep on, Solo. I believe you got this."
Solange laughs.

Pausing, Mya's eyes widened in fear as she heard the bedroom door open. She swiftly turn around and listens to the footsteps.

"Mya, are you there?"
Solange asked.

"I'm here, Solo." Mya quietly got up and threw the pregnancy test away before the bathroom door open. Her head turn as she seen Silkk halfway out the door.

She thank God he didn't bust in here before she did what she had to do.

Silkk smiled as he open the door wider, entering the bathroom.
"Hey baby."

He walks up to her and her heart beat feels like it wanted to jump out her chest. "I'll call you back, Mya." Solange tells her then ended the call.

Mya did the same as she place the phone on the counter, wrapping her arms around Silkk's waist.

She look up and gave him a small smile.
"Hi."
She croaks.

"What's wrong? Your eyes all puffy, you miss your baby?" Silkk smiles, hands traveling to her bottom as he firmly grips it.

Mya winced following a groan.
That's how she pregnant in the first place.

Mya nods hesitantly.
"Yeah, I miss you a lot." She lies.

She thought Silkk would fall for it and move instantly to a kiss. Due to his concern, he knew something's up.

"What's really wrong?" Silkk asked.

Mya looks away and around the bathroom. She had to think what Solange said. She wasn't ready to tell him the real problem. Before she could speak up, Silkk's brows furrowed as he stared at the garbage.

Mya's eyes followed. She closes them and muttered a curse word.

"Is this a pregnancy test?" Silkk gently remove his embrace from her as she stepped aside. This was her signal to run but Mya had to stand here and face the music.

"Mya? You're pregnant?"
He asked softly, turning towards her with the test in his hand.

Mya looks at the ground and dare herself not to cry again. With the thoughts that raced in her mind, Mya begins to burst into tears. She knew if she said yes that would make him pissed and he would break up with her.

"Mya, why are you crying? I'm not mad." Silkk asked as her sobbing slowly dies down.

She lift her head up to see him smirking.
"We're going to be parents, babygirl." He cheers, dancing as he walk up to her and hugs her tightly.

Guess she was wrong for thinking that. He was happy as if they got chose on The Price Is Right.

Mya wraps her arms around Silkk's neck as she finally hugs him. Silkk pulls away and plants a kiss on her lips. He caress the side of her face.
"You know I'm going to be here for the both of you. I love you so much."
He tells her, looking into her eyes.

"I love you too." Mya smirks, hugging him again.