Chapter 38

'We need to have a talk little missy.' GOD says in a bit of an amused tone, when I lay down to go to sleep.

'About what Daddy?'

'About today.' He clarifies.

Of course I know what he's talking about.

'Are you mad at me?' I ask GOD, a little anxious at the thought.

'No sweetie. I just want you to be careful that's all. You made me a promise, and I expect you to act like you're going to keep it, ok?'

'Ok. I'm Sorry ABBA.' I say sincerely. I need to understand that while kissing is ok, I can't let it go too far.

'It's ok. Trust me, I know how captivating young love can be.' He says understandingly.

I smile thinking about Grant and I's relationship..

'Can you believe he gave me a promise ring ABBA?'

'Yes I can.' GOD says in an almost proud tone.

I still couldn't believe it. Every time I think about it I smile.

I have already told all my family and friends. I still haven't told Mandy, of course. She still isn't talking to me, and I have a feeling that will go on for awhile. Which makes me sad.

'It will be ok my dear.' GOD says reassuringly.

I take a deep breath and try to accept this. I imagine I am in GOD's throne room, lying across his lap, while he takes away the pain of everything bothering me. Although, I am just in my bedroom, which palls drastically in comparison to the throne room, he is still taking the pain away.

He starts to sing to me. I find it calming, and heart warming. Is this real?

GOD is actually singing to me! Isn't it suppose to be the other way around?

When GOD's done I give him a hug. 'Thank you.'

'It's no problem.' He says.

I fall asleep in the best place in the universe, GOD's arms.

"CHRISTEN MARIE MILLER YOU ARE GROUNDED!''

Now you probably think these words are coming from my parents, but they're coming from no other than my brother Decan.

I just stare at him, and wait for him to finish his tantrum.

Let's just say I forgot to cover up the "mark" on my neck this morning, and Decan saw it.

Oh well, at least my parents left for work before I came downstairs. It's rare that they work on the weekends, but I'm glad they did today. I don't want them to see. As mad as Decan is I know he won't tell on me.

His face is bright red, and he is in full blown big brother mode.

"Decan it's not the end of the world." I say calmly. GOD himself wasn't even this upset.

"What do you mean it's not the end of the world? I trusted Grant to be a gentlemen towards you, but instead he decided to play vampire on your neck! AND YOU LET HIM!" He bellows, seconds away from popping a blood vessel.

I roll my eyes, he was far beyond the point of being reasonable.

"You are grounded." Decan repeats, while sitting on the sofa.

"You can't ground me D, I'm afraid that's not within your rights.'' I say sarcastically, sitting next to him.

This seems to make him more angry. "Then I'll just tell Mom and Dad.'' He threatens.