Chapter 8

When I wake up in the morning I feel stiff. Stephanie's arm was across my face, and Brian's feet were on my back. Again. Did he not learn the first time?

"Brian!" I yell. He jumps awake and laughs. "Sorry Christen, it was an accident."

"You were an accident." I mumble.

I move Stephanie's arm off my face, and get up.

Everyone was still sleep, except my parents, and the twins. They must be downstairs. I jump off the bed, and go downstairs. Brian follows behind me.

I eat breakfast, while Brian feeds the twins. I leave school earlier than everyone else. Me and all my siblings go to separate schools, because my parents believe in individuality.

When I run upstairs to take a shower, the rest of my brothers and sisters are coming down to eat breakfast.

I say my prayers, and finish getting ready for school. My outfit today was one of my favorites. A beige jacket over a brown camisole, with jeans and uggs.

When Grant arrives, we leave to go to school.

"You're not going to try and bring food in my car today?" He asks astonished.

"Nope already ate, but don't worry I'll find some other way to ruin your baby." I smile mischievously.

He gives me a dirty look, and turns on the radio. My song comes on, and I start singing.

"Make me your Aphrodite. Make me your one and only." I sing loudly.

"Christen shut up, you're going to make me have a car accident." He says irritated.

I laugh, I don't sing that bad, Do I?

"Do I sing that bad?" I ask.

"Yes you really do" He says with no remorse. Hmph, I'm offended.

"Well than. I guess I'll sing some more!"

"Cause once your mine, once your mine." I belt out.

"There's no going back!" When the beat drops I begin to shake my head from side to side violently, whipping my hair back and forth.

Grant laughs. "You are a mental case."

"The original." I reply.

I tell him about my new job. He is really supportive. He says for the next three weeks, he'll take me there after school and pick me up.

I know Grant is filthy rich, but I still feel bad about taking up so much of his gas. "No. I don't expect you to do that, I'll take the bus." I say determined.

"Christen, it's fine"

"No Grant, it's not." I counter.

"Trust me, I want to do it." He says reassuringly.

I still don't want him doing all of that for me.

"I don't know..." I say unsure.

"Well I know. I'm doing it." He says without leaving me much room to disagree.

I try to figure out different ways to argue my point, but I settle on just leaving it alone. It's only three weeks.

"Thank you, you're the best sweet cheeks." I tell him sincerely.

He grins "Yeah I know."

I roll my eyes.

"Why all this work for a necklace I could just buy for you?" He asks curiously.

Stop the train right now! We are not even going there!

"You wouldn't dare buy me a present that costs 400 dollars!" I bellow. "Plus, I feel like I need to work at Christian Worth. It's like GOD has something in store for me there." I add softer.