Chapter 31

The next morning I get up and run downstairs, following the scent of the delicious smelling breakfast my parents are cooking. I have a slight smile on my face remembering the memories of last night. Thank you GOD it turned out to be amazing.When I finally got home, I saw I had a bunch of angry texts and calls from Mandy, Courtney, and Grace. I felt really bad, because I forgot to tell them I was leaving. I was just so focused on getting out of there, and obeying GOD. After I called and apologized they instantly forgave me, and told me how much fun they had. I'm glad they had a good time.

I saunter into the kitchen, grabbing a fork out of the drawer, and a plate out of the cabinet. I was ready for action.

"Good morning sweetie."

"Good morning Dad." I say giving him a squeeze. After I let go, I stick my plate out so he can put food on it.

He laughs. "Someone's hungry this morning."

I nod my head to agree, when my mom walks in and says, "And smiley."

I try to hide my smile, but I was unsuccessful.

"Yeah what's that about?" My Dad asks humorously.

I wave them off. "Maybe I am just happy about being a citizen of the United States."

"Why do you say it like you haven't been for the last 17 years of your life?" My mom asks, chuckling.

I didn't respond, and take a bite out of my crépe. This was delicious, I love it when my parents go French on us.

"Also don't think your mother and I didn't realize you did not come back with the same people you left with last night." My Dad announces with a knowing look.

"I decided I wanted to leave the party." I say shrugging.

"Whatever you say honey." My mom sings, and my Dad just laughs.

They are being ridiculous. I was telling the truth!

Dj runs into the kitchen, and sings "Christen and Grant sitting in the tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g!"

I roll my eyes, His little song was so inaccurate it isn't even funny. "Aren't you a little too old?" I ask him, perturbed.

He sticks his tongue out at me and runs away.

"I don't know, it might be some truth to your brother's song." My mom says.

My Dad wraps his arms around my mother, interrupting her as he brings his lips down to hers. Eww this was an overload of parental PDA, that I did not need to see.

"For you guys." I grumble, walking into the dinning room.

"Howdy sister!" Thomas greets me.

I laugh. "Hi cowboy." I say, sitting next to him.

"Brian took my fork!" Conor screeches from across the table, starting to cry.

"Brian give it back, and stop bullying him." I say.

"I'm not, I was eating with it first!" He says irritated.

I sigh, I don't want to deal with bickering this morning.

"Conor is that true? Did Brian have the fork first?" I ask.

He nods his head.

"Then he's going to keep it. Go get another one from Daddy." I say, and he runs into the kitchen. I look around the Dining room table, and notice I don't see Nana. I wonder where she is.

"I want to do something today." Lexi whines.

"Me too sis." Brian says. "Lauren is too busy to hang out, and I'm bored."