Chapter 12

When I get up Monday morning I smile. I had a really good weekend. I went go-carting with Grace, and my family and I went to the beach. We should really do it again sometime when Nana comes back, I really miss her.

"Thank you LORD for this day!" I sing, before I say my morning prayers. I just have a feeling that today is going to hold something new.

I run downstairs, eat breakfast, and feed the twins before I leave. Arianna starts to cry.

"What's wrong sweetie." I try and bounce her up and down to comfort her. Then Caleb starts to cry.

I pick him up, and kiss him on the cheek. "It's ok, your sister is ok."

I keep bouncing both babies up and down, but they continue to scream.

"Oh not again!" My mother says, as she sees me trying to console the twins. "My poor babies are teething." She runs to the freezer to get the teething toys. She hands one to each baby.

Arianna chucks her toy across the room and continues to cry. Caleb sucks on his while drool runs out the sides of his mouth. Oh boy.

I put the babies in their high chairs, and pick up Arianna's teething toy. I wash it off. GOD please let her take this.

"Now Arianna, I know you are in a bad mood and your mouth hurts, but this will make you feel better. Can you bite on it for Christen?" I ask desperately.

I put the teething toy near her mouth, and she starts to suck on it. Thank you GOD!

"It never ceases to amaze me how well you get all these children to behave." My mom says in awe.

"GOD knows we need help mom." I say in just enough time for us to watch Derrick run down the steps butt naked.

"Derrick honey, come put on some clothes." My mom calls as she runs after him. I laugh.

My Dad comes downstairs to take over twin duty. I give him a hug. "Good luck."

"Bye everyone, have a good day!" I shout as I run out the door.

When I get to school. I talk to Cory and Mandy. Cory spills all his details about his date with Samantha. He really likes her, and I am happy for him.

After about 10 minutes into the discussion, Mandy looks ill. "That's way more than I ever needed to know about another girl Cor." She says.

"Me too." I back Mandy up.

Cory raises his hands. "You guys are the ones who wanted details."

"Well we change our minds." Mandy snaps.

I just laugh, because of course the two of them start bickering.

As I go through the day I find myself hungry. Thank goodness it's finally lunch time!

I skip to the cafeteria. Today they're selling chicken tenders, my favorite!

While I'm standing in line to buy my food, I have this feeling someone is staring at me.

I ignore it at first, but when it doesn't go away I turn around.

I see Samantha glaring at me with hatred in her eyes. The worst part is she's sitting at my table! What's her problem? We never even had a conversation!

I turn back around and pay for my food.

Today I sit in between Grace and Mandy. I notice Grant isn't here.

"Where's Grant?" I ask Mandy.

"He was here, but then he said he had to leave. He looked mad."

"Oh." I say. I wonder what he's mad about.