Chapter 19

Today is Friday. It's been three days since Samantha started spreading rumors about me. Things have gotten so much worse.

People still continue to call me a slut, a boyfriend stealer, and a fake Christian, but there is a new rumor. Apparently, people are starting to accuse me of trying to take custody of Jacob. So now, I'm a baby stealer too.

Most of the guys at school claimed they slept with me, so that fed the slut rumors. I'm still a virgin, so I would love to know how they did that.

As for the boyfriend stealer rumors, I told people Grant and I broke up, and they didn't believe me.

Grant came back from suspension today, and I'm happy. I haven't seen him yet, but hopefully I will soon.

I miss him so much. Maybe he'll want me back...

No, I have to stop this. It's not healthy.

You have to forget about him. I tell myself sternly.

I walk to the locker rooms to get changed for P.E. Class.

"Oh look it's Christen, the fake Christian." A girl named Brooke, sneers.

I don't respond. I just take out my clothes and put them on the bench. I begin to change.

"Are you going to ask GOD to help you steal people's happiness, or do you do that after you sleep with all the guys in school?" She asks.

I keep ignoring her.

It was funny how no one payed attention to my strong faith before, now that it was time to mock it, it was all anyone could talk about.

I look on the bench for my gym shirt. I check everywhere, and It wasn't here.

"Looking for this?" Kailey asks, holding the shirt in her hand.

"Yes. Please give it back." I say, I wasn't in the mood for this.

"Here, the damage is already done anyway." She says, smirking.

I grab the shirt from her, and put it on. What is she talking about?

I don't even care, I'm going to be late for class.

I hurry to the gym only to be faced by looks from the class. Boys kept winking at me, and girls stared at me with disgust.

"Aye Christen, why don't you come over to my house later. You can show me more than you did in that picture." A boy named Wendall, says wiggling his eyebrows.

What picture?

Justin, who happens to to be in my gym class, walks up to me. He gives me a sad smile, and gestures for me to step to the side.

He pulls out his phone. "Kailey sent this to the whole junior class."

It was a picture of me looking for my gym shirt in the locker room. I wasn't wearing a shirt!

I mean, I had on a sports bra, but I still feel violated! In this photo I was leaning down, so my stomach had tons of awkward rolls.

My face burst in flames. I've never been so ashamed.

'Oh GOD I stretch my hands to thee, from which comest my help.' I tell ABBA hopelessly.

'It's ok honey, I am with you always. I love you very much. Things in this life aren't always easy, but you can handle it. You're well equipped with my strength.'

I feel a rush of ABBA's love, as well as His peace.

'Thank you GOD.' I tell him.

"Are you going to be ok?" Justin asks.